Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was given a Yard Machines 8.5hp Tecumseh 26" snow blower model 31AE6C0F022. It has a MTD model 831-00071 (see attached) headlight kit installed that is not working. It looks very difficult to get the bulb out of the unit. The documentation states it is 18 Watts.

A couple questions, is this a 12V DC bulb or does my unit produce AC? My guess is AC. If I put a tester on the wires going to the light, what should I see?

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, I have it figured out. I also see I asked this question a few years back when I was trying to help my family member that owned this machine. The glass bulb is a sealed unit. Look up PAR-36 and 18Watts and you fill find the replacement bulb on Amazon or eBay. I removed the entire glass bulb from the rubberish/plastic housing by heating the outside and little with a heat gun and prying it out with some flat-head screwdrivers. here is a pic of the back of the bulb.

Attachments

·
Registered
756 Posts
replace the entire thing with a 12 led lamp. you can find 10 watt ac dc on ebay cheaper than a replacement bulb and they will be much brighter.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the options, however, I had already ordered the non-LED replacement :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts