Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity, has anyone successfully installed a switch to turn off the headlight on their machine and if so what was involved. I just don't like having the light on when it isn't needed.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
It's easy, I've thought the same thing myself. Looks to me like you just have to put a simple on/off switch in, toggle, rocker. You could also just unplug it, that's what I did. I don't think it needs a load as many times they don't have a light and the connections are just hanging.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
I was going to add a switch to mine when adding a light, then decided there was no need (merely my opinion) for the added complexity.

But I bought a switch with a rubber cover, to help keep the snow out of it. A cover may not be needed, but it seemed like a good idea.

This one is cheap, and looks like it includes a cover:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Switch

Hi.
I installed a switch on my snow blower headlight and side marker lights (separate). This way, in the day time, I can switch off the headlight when it is not needed. I posted a review on YouTube: Ariens EFI Platinum snow blower LED upgrades, 2017

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
A rubber booted toggle switch. Simple installation. Simply put it in line with either side of the circuit, positive or negative.

·
Registered
668 Posts
A rubber booted toggle switch. Simple installation. Simply put it in line with either side of the circuit, positive or negative.
+1 on an oversized water tight toggle switch. Much easier to switch on and off vs rocker switch when wearing winter gloves. Not required, but I also recommend adding an inline fuse to the circuit. I used a water tight mini blade fuse holder with 2amp fuse. Cover all wires with split loom and zip ties and you're good to go

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
I added a light to my Troy-bilt and put a switch in on the positive (+) side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts