Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fingers get cold. I have decent Thinsulate gloves but after half hour on a cold day my fingers get numb. Don't really like mittens, you lose dexterity. So I'm considering a pair of battery heated gloves. Or... my Ariens 28 has an option of heated grips - I assume the wiring is already there for that. Which is more effective overall? And, if anyone has bought heated gloves which ones do you like? There are so many on Amazon it's hard to pick.

TIA

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
I guess if it is set up for heated grips. might as well go with the status quo and stick those puppies in/on there.:eek:k::eek:k::eek:k::eek:k::eek:k:

·
Registered
1,483 Posts

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
I'd do the heated grips, if it's wired for them. You won't run out of battery power, unlike gloves. And it might be cheaper than heated gloves (?).

My current machine has heated grips, it's my first exposure to them. Honestly, I think they're great. And unlike bulky unheated gloves, it's active heat, vs just more insulation, plus you keep dexterity.

Some people have used snowmobile heated grips, as a cheaper option for adding heated grips, vs ones from the blower manufacturer. I recall those heater pads being like $10 on eBay.

·
Registered
125 Posts
If you get heated gloves, you have them all the time, not just when clearing your driveway. I have heated grips on my machine and would buy them again in a heart beat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts