Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an old Landmark 523 snowblower from a neighbour who bought a new electric one. I have no manual, only a repair tag dating back to 2012. The motor (a 5 hp Tecumseh) starts first pull. My son and I did some basic maintenance on it (oil change, regapped spark plug, changed gear oil, lubricated moving parts). We even ran it last winter and it did a great job removing snow.

My problem is the auger belt is cracked and needs replacing. I looked through the internet and could not find any reference to Landmark 523 snowblower parts. I check my local power machinery store who are the area experts in snowblowers and parts and even with the serial and other identification numbers, they could not help me.

The belt is currently 30" outer circumference, 1/2" wide, and a little over 1/4" thick. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get an auger belt for this machine?

Stan

Attachments

·
Registered
6,857 Posts
Just take it with you to your local place you would buy a belt, and match it up with another V-belt.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got an old Landmark 523 snowblower from a neighbour who bought a new electric one. I have no manual, only a repair tag dating back to 2012. The motor (a 5 hp Tecumseh) starts first pull. My son and I did some basic maintenance on it (oil change, regapped spark plug, changed gear oil, lubricated moving parts). We even ran it last winter and it did a great job removing snow.

My problem is the auger belt is cracked and needs replacing. I looked through the internet and could not find any reference to Landmark 523 snowblower parts. I check my local power machinery store who are the area experts in snowblowers and parts and even with the serial and other identification numbers, they could not help me.

The belt is currently 30" outer circumference, 1/2" wide, and a little over 1/4" thick. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get an auger belt for this machine?

Stan

Additional information. I noticed it was manufacturer by Noma Outdoor products in Brampton Ontario. Apparently Murray bought Noma and they stopped manufacture of Noma snow blowers in 2000. This must be very old.

Stan

For Tony-chicago see attached photos.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
I think your machine was manufactured by Noma (Murray), you might have better luck using the search feature for a Noma machine.

Wheel Lawn mower Tire Plant Mower

·
Registered
169 Posts
If you go as suggested to a reputable auto parts store they can use a simple tool they put your old belt on and measure it and then pull the same off the shelf. If you have the exact model number this link may help you

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks to all of you for your support. I eventually did take the old belt off, put a mark on the outside and measured it by rolling in on my desk until the mark touched twice. I confirmed that the belt is 30" outer circumference and, with a micrometer, 1/2" wide. Based on that, I got a Murray auger belt part number that my local parts store could cross reference to an aftermarket belt. Only cost $20 Canadian delivered to the store. My son and I put it on (after adjusting the idler pulley out as far as it would go) and it worked! The auger turned when the pulley was engaged and stopped when it was released.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts