Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is Steffen and I’m from Germany. So please bear with me as my English will not always be right on point.

Snow blowers are not that common in my country, but numbers are rising. The last three years I had an electric blower very similar to a Snow Joe Ultra 622U1, just orange colored instead of blue, bought it new for about $ 60. Isn’t that bad, but the use of the cord sucked big time.

This year I took the plunge and bought a new Canadiana CS55800 which is basically the same as a Snapper/Simplicity 822EX.

In my town a single stage blower will definitely do the job for me. I can’t remember more then 10” of snow in one night for the last five decades and we usually call 6-8” a lot of snow. Actually I could most of the time do with a shovel, but where’s the fun in that?

So for the first time after many years I hope for a lot of snow in my area…

·
Super Moderator
2,689 Posts
Welcome Steffen. Your English is excellent so there's nothing to apologize for. Hope this will be a give-and-take place for you. You can provide info to someone and another will help you along the way too.

Pull up a chair and think of the day when you have something to blow with your machine.

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Welcome Steffen! Yes, do not worry about your English, it's excellent. We hope to hear more from you in the future. It would be very interesting to hear of your adventures with your new machine.

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
Always funny when the foreigners come on and say they don't speak English well and always apologize for it. Yet, they are normally 100x easier to understand than Americans that post stuff.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yet, they are normally 100x easier to understand than Americans that post stuff.
That’s something you can notice on German forums as well. When we communicate with others in our native language we pay less attention to grammar, typing and vocabulary. Even more so using the internet where you quickly type and click “send”.

Typing in a foreign language is more difficult, more demanding. So you try to stay alert and watch for mistakes. You read the text over, think about whether or not you used the right terms, google for specific terms…

My English is pretty good when it comes to technical, especially automotive terms. I use the English manual for my snowblower; the German version may contain mistakes caused by the translation. So why take chances?

Everyday’s conversation is a different story.:rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts