Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Honda, ariens, or Toro. But seriously, you need to give us an idea of your size of driveway, material, and the slope. Plus...how deep are your pockets ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honda, ariens, or Toro. But seriously, you need to give us an idea of your size of driveway, material, and the slope. Plus...how deep are your pockets ?
My driveway is about 300ft gradual slope and I went to look at a 1995 toro 1132 powershift tonight for $500 id like to pay no more than that

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
That sounds high for a 25 yr old snowblower. I would guess that $300-400, depending on condition.

As far as your needs, sounds like a wheeled blower with about 10 hp would fit your needs. I would go with either Ariens or Toro and about 10-15 yrs old. You should be able to get that for about $400-500 depending its condition. When you find one, you can post photos on this site, to get opinions of buy/pass.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
My driveway is about 300ft gradual slope and I went to look at a 1995 toro 1132 powershift tonight for $500 id like to pay no more than that
What is up with the 1132 powershift?
Is it a possibility or a no and why?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That sounds high for a 25 yr old snowblower. I would guess that $300-400, depending on condition.

As far as your needs, sounds like a wheeled blower with about 10 hp would fit your needs. I would go with either Ariens or Toro and about 10-15 yrs old. You should be able to get that for about $400-500 depending its condition. When you find one, you can post photos on this site, to get opinions of buy/pass.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
If it runs ok and goes thru the gears fine I'd be a player at $400.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Agree. Later, you could mess with the power shift if you get bored. Maybe you could get it for $350 if you use the power shift card
!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Agree. Later, you could mess with the power shift if you get bored. Maybe you could get it for $350 if you use the power shift card
!
well, i used the power shift card to get it down to $400! The wife went to pick it up and it's at my place now. Any reason i shouldnt use non oxy gas in it?

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
For a minute I thought you were going to use an oxy acetelane torch on it already. He just got it home and he had to pull out the torch, omg.
Non ethanol fuel is fine.

·
Super Moderator
toro 928 ohxe 38801,
442 Posts
if you can get EFREE use it, other wise no more than 10% gas,
nice looking machine good luck don't be afraid to ask questions as we have several powershift people in here that can offer up good help

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
if you can get EFREE use it, other wise no more than 10% gas,
nice looking machine good luck don't be afraid to ask questions as we have several powershift people in here that can offer up good help
sounds good, thank you!

·
Registered
914 Posts
yep, good machine, very well built. There may be some issues, but once resolved that snowblower will last forever if maintained. 1995 model. Parts diagrams and manuals, including proper lubricants, etc here:

tx

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yep, good machine, very well built. There may be some issues, but once resolved that snowblower will last forever if maintained. 1995 model. Parts diagrams and manuals, including proper lubricants, etc here:

tx
Hey, thanks a lot Paul! sounds like by the end of the week, it may get it;s first test at my house if not sooner! could get 5 plus inches tomorrow

1 - 18 of 18 Posts