Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found your site a few weeks ago and I haven't stopped checking every forum since for new info.... Keep up the great work.

As for me, I have 3 machines.
1.Snapper single stage - LE17 - 17 years old and tired
2.Ariens ST305 - Oldie but a goodie. Found in garbage, I was able to bring it back to life and works well for the light stuff but needs it's rest.
3.HS724ta - 2 years old - got it a month ago and is ready for the heavy stuff.

best of luck this winter and be safe.. now get out there and throw that snow... I will be soon.

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Welcome Finetoy! Nice list of machines you have. I can sympathize with your Snapper and Ariens, I'm finding that I need a rest more often as I get older too.:p How do you like your HS724ta?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The honda is a nice machine. We've had 6 storms including today's and I've only touched it once. Why you ask?? My 13 year old son won't let go of it. We have 3 elderly neighbors and he takes care of their driveways and walks and money talks... Only chance I have is if he's sleeping in the middle of the night. Come to think of it, I might go out late.. The one chance I had so far, EOD was not even a speed bump to it. It worked like it should.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ha-ha.... The big lug was still sleeping this morning so I got first dibs.... Then he caught me, took over and I went off to work. Oh well.. I have 3 machines at the office that I push around as well (all toro's) so I have enough to do here today.

Question - one side of my honda auger spits some snow back, the other side has no blow back. Any ideas? The sheer pins are ok and auger is turning fine, not bent. What gives?
thanks

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
My HS622 does that too. Must just be the nature of Hondas.

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
That has been reported for many different types of blowers. Popular theory is it has something to do with the turbulence of the impeller.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts