Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm also new at snowthrowing/blowing and think it's the best thing EVER. Moved from South Texas where we do not get snow. My first two winters here I used a shovel. Third year I picked up an older Craftsman walk behind 5 hp 22" cut two stage blower and thought that was the best think since sliced bread. I'm still not used to the cold weather and can't seem to enjoy the out door winter events.
This past summer I purchased a 1974 John Deere 140 H1 Lawn & Garden Tractor, original 1968 140 full metal Cozy Cab, JD Model 49 single stage snowthrower and I've been havin fun ever since.
I just found this forum yesterday and wanted to say "Hi"

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Welcome JD140. Looks like a might fine machine you have there. What do the folks back in Texas think of your northern transformation?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bwdbrn1, Been sending the folks back home pictures of the snow and cold temp updates since I moved. I think it's keeping them away cause they have not visit me yet.
I found my new hobby in snowthrowing and will look forward to every snow season. With a rig like the one I have it's just not fair. I clear my neighbors lots now so they don't have to shovel.
Thats a nice Cub Cadet wide frame you got there.

·
Registered
48 Posts
You made the right choice in coming to Wisconsin. Besides plenty of snow for you to play with, it's also the home of Super Bowl Champions Green Bay Packers. Don't get much better than that.:D

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Thanks JD140, but it's actually a 1974 Sears Suburban SS/16, and it got it's share of work this winter too.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Thanks JD140, but it's actually a 1974 Sears Suburban SS/16, and it got it's share of work this winter too.
That sure surprised me; I always thought it was a Cub Cadet because it had thier color scheme. It's amazing that there's still tractors around that are 30+ years old! Was it that color originally, or has it been repainted?

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Thanks guys, the old gal is a tank. It's a Valspar paint, I think it was called Implement Yellow. It was the closest I could come to the original color when I repainted it.

Here's a before and after. I haven't gotten around to doing the blower yet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to the forum JD140.
And also welcome to the fun of destroying snow. : )
Thanks, Just got some more seat time. We got another 4 inches of snow overnight and more is expected thursday. Been playing since 5:45 am. It's become a good season so far and I'm glad I have the 46" thrower that makes this enjoyable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts