Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tim from Denver Colorado metro area. Just purchased a used 724 wheeled unit. I have a 35HS that I rescued from the scrap heap about 15 years ago. Had to farm engineer the choke with a hole and a wire on the old 35. I’m retired and getting older so had to get a bigger machine. will See how the new bigger unit works. Love all the input from the pro’s
Thanks in advance
Tim B
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Plant

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Glad to see it does not have that ugly new chute design on it.
Does it have the high altitude carburator???
Check the V belts for wear/glazing/cracks.
If the rubber has glazing or cracks or flakes off in your palm you need new V belts.

Spray 3 or 4 coats of Fluid Film on the paddle fans/impeller, the inner fan housing/drum and the chute and spout letting them dry between coats or just use good car paste wax on the chute and spout as that will help with the snow you get up there.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Glad to see it does not have that ugly new chute design on it.
Does it have the high altitude carburator???
Check the V belts for wear/glazing/cracks.
If the rubber has glazing or cracks or flakes off in your palm you need new V belts.

Spray 3 or 4 coats of Fluid Film on the paddle fans/impeller, the inner fan housing/drum and the chute and spout letting them dry between coats or just use good car paste wax on the chute and spout as that will help with the snow you get up there.
Just to be clear: you use Fluid Film to prevent the snow sticking? I looked it up and it seems to be lanolin based instead of peterochem.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Whoops!
It's $30.00 Canadian a can here! I'm breakin' out the Turtle wax and puttin 3 coats on the impeller, auger & chute instead. (Good lookin' and cheap is I!)
I buy the spray can at Princes auto on sale. The regular price is $17.99 and Canadian tire has it for the same price.
I think the last time I paid $12 something.

I've also use this for years 3 In 1 silicone usually 3 dollars off at Princess auto. Works great for vehicle door and window rubbers. I also use it in the window tracks

·
Registered
52 Posts
I buy the spray can at Princes auto on sale. The regular price is $17.99 and Canadian tire has it for the same price.
I think the last time I paid $12 something.

I've also use this for years 3 In 1 silicone usually 3 dollars off at Princess auto. Works great for vehicle door and window rubbers. I also use it in the window tracks
Holy Toledo. Yup, you're right. No Turtle Wax this time around. Thanks! 🍺

·
Registered
365 Posts
welcome aboard :) nice looking machine.. i did read used machine didnt i?? looks new wow :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts