Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
I replaced the auger and drive belts on my 2009 craftsman 26'' blower--model 247-88691.
The oem AUGER belt part 754-04050{ cogged } has been substituted across the MTD line with belt # 954-04050[a] { smooth }. After replacing the auger belt with the new smooth belt, and adjusting the handle tension properly, the belt sticks in the pully and the auger spins continuously. It appears that the new belt is either SLIGHTLY thicker or does not have the correct taper to fit the pulley groove. I have measured the top width of both belts and found to be the same=3/8'' BUT , the taper feels thinner on the older cogged belt= fits pulley groove but not perfectly tight.... Put the old cogged belt back on and no problem, everything works fine....have read a review from a box store customer implying the same thing.. Any help or insight would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I just googled that part number and came up with many different options some of which are cogged. Amazon is where I looked. Maybe try one of the cogged ones from them?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts