Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I acquired a Murray Ultra 5hp Techcumseh, 22" 6 speed, model G2250030 Snowblower that was taken apart due to a bent Auger shaft. I changed the shaft, put it all back together and it runs fine. I was looking in the bottom floor pan of the snowblower and found what appears to be a thick type washer. I have no idea where it goes. I do notice when I open the Snowblower up to full throttle, the pulley and belt attached to the Impeller shaft moves forwards and backwards slightly. I attached a picture of the part. Any help would be deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
9,900 Posts
How about using that out of focus ruler to give us an idea of the ID, OD and width :confused:

Flipped my Murray up on it's nose and pulled the cover but don't see it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry. It's an inch wide and tall, half an inch thick, and the hole measures five eighths of an inch inside.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought it did too, but when I placed it between the Impeller shaft and the Impeller shaft wall, the Impeller shaft stuck out too far not letting me bolt the Auger shaft back to the side bolts.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I had an uncle, old WWII vet, who never used to work on anything mechanical, because he said when he did, he had plenty of extra parts left over, to sell.:D

that looks similar to the locking ring that locks the rear impeller bearing, but I don't see any lock screw or set screw in it ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL! No, there is no lock screw or set screw. My guess is that it fits on the Impeller shaft somewhere but where. I saw a schematic of this model and it didn't show that washer type part.

·
Banned
1,585 Posts
Only thing I can find is this schematic. If you note 223, the parts list calls it a ball bearing and searching the part number 43846 shows a standard ball bearing. If you look further left into the housing drawing thay show an identical looking part, but no call out numbers for it (near 222). Can't tell if that's where 223 is supposed to be, or if they neglected to call out a number for a spacer type piece like you have.
The only other thing I can think of is it is the center of one of the bearing retaining assemblies 230, 255, 270, and 276. They appear to be bushings and not bearings.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update

I located where the washer went. It fits on the Impeller shaft in front of the Impeller pulley behind the wall where the Impeller is located.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts