Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. A buddy dropped off this old sears SB and it needs a new carb. It sat with bad gas and its trashed.

I tried looking online and cannot find anything on this machine that shows the carb. Its a tecumseh engine but I can't find much on it either. Tecumseh 143-686092 is stamped in the engine housing.

It looks like a HS 40/50 carb but the choke is different and the fuel inlet is a straight shot, not 90deg.

Any help?

·
Registered
543 Posts
i looked up the model in sears, most parts are listed NLA! if the op can give us the engine codes off the cover we can use the tech engine superseded list to help him find a carb that will work with minor mods like a new fuel line route

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts

·
Registered
2,226 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I ordered a carb off of amazon for a HM80. I had to switch out the Choke lever as it was different but everything else was the same. The snowblower starts up and runs good. I had to adj the main jet and its almost completely tightened down. I'm waiting until it snows before I can test it out.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I noticed a major issue with the SB today. The clutch engage/disengage lever was wired in the engaged position. i'm guessing because the assembly is wore out and if you un wired it the clutch would disengage while running. This makes it a bear to start when cold. Warm you are fine. I may have to revisit the lever and find a way make it so it is disengaged when starting......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts