Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Accidentally poured new motor oil in the gas tank of my new toro snow blower by mistake. What should I do?

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts
close the petcock remove the tank and drain the oil. with the petcock closed put some gas in the tank and swish it around and drain that too. you should have a nice clean tank when done

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
welcome to the forum spectre, good advice above ^, after cleaning the tank i would open the petcock and remove the DRAIN plug from the carb and allow at least a few cup fulls of " stuff" to come out. your new machine may smoke for a bit, but it will clear up. now......i need to ask....how did this mix up happen ??

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
close the petcock remove the tank and drain the oil. with the petcock closed put some gas in the tank and swish it around and drain that too. you should have a nice clean tank when done
Gas is cheap, and the engine is expensive - So, I would do your process at least a few times. Better safe than sorry.

·
Banned
2,029 Posts
drop the carb bowl while your at it, and if it decides to be stubborn to start pull the plug and spin the engine over a few times to remove excess oil, and spray a healthy dose of carb cleaner down the plug hole

1 - 7 of 7 Posts