Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a large snowblower that I purchased from Eaton's department store many years ago. The only name that appears on it is "Snowflite". The manufacturer's tag with a model number has long since come off? I believe it is a Ten horsepower? I have two problems:
1. Does anyone know who the manufacturer is of these and does anyone have a parts/service manual for it??
2. I am trying to figure out where the "shear pin" that breaks off when the auger binds that protects the machine from burning out goes??
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Thank you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here is a picture to show you where your shear pins are. These are on my Ariens machine, but most snowblowers are similar:

I'm fairly certain that your machine was made by MTD and sold to Eaton's under the Snowflite name.

Check here and you should be able to download a manual:

PDF Manual Web Archive

Good luck!

Greg

·
Registered
1 Posts
The shear bolts are designed to break when they hit hard snow or ice. DO NOT replace with regular bolts...use shear bolts.

If you can call MTD they can send you the manual or parts lists via email. I recently had MTD send me a manual for an old blower...great service and a quick turn around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts