Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
It is a very old machine which predates the modern 2 stage design of collecter augers and an impeller to throw the snow. It could be as old as a 1950's era machine since the present 2 stage design was first introduced in the mid 1960's. As to a snow removal machine it is inferior to a modern 2 stage machine or even a good one stage machine. I guess if you want to buy it to fix it up and to have it more for a converstion piece then it may be worth getting but since it has an old design that predates the modern 2 stage design I would not want to use it to remove snow with.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I love the factory graphics. It's a shame that more haven't followed suit.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Post 2---- It looks like a rudimentary spark plug shield. Keep in mind that "snow engines" didn't come along for a while so companies adapted with bread box covers and other custom widgets.

A little more here.

Pete

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I guess that could be, but in all of the different brands and models you have on your page, and things I have seen, I don't ever remember anything that resembled that. It could have been that I just overlooked it, or got distracted by a kid, my own, touching something they were not supposed to.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Shoot I'm half tempted to buy that and fix it up just to see what it will do in the snow, but I suppose they probably quite making them for a reason...
I see the price has been lowered to $35.

·
Retired Moderator
9,913 Posts
Welcome to the forum Bob !!!!

What do you have presently ??

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
It will not remove snow as well as a modern 2 stage snowblower. It may be interesting to fix up however. The design is an older inferior one to the modern 2 stage so I would not be interested. Heck even my repowered Gilson holds it's own with a modern snowblower especially since I added the impeller kit. The Gilson is a modern 2 stage design and it is built like a tank compared to the thinner steel modern ones.

·
Retired Moderator
9,913 Posts
That's what I like. He even posts a photo without being asked :D:D

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Hah, I restored one of those snow flite's for a family member. Tough, well built machines.

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
9,913 Posts
As to a snow removal machine it is inferior to a modern 2 stage machine or even a good one stage machine. I guess if you want to buy it to fix it up and to have it more for a converstion piece then it may be worth getting but since it has an old design that predates the modern 2 stage design I would not want to use it to remove snow with.
Just because it's old and different doesn't make it inferior. That "design" is the current favorite of people needing to move a lot of snow quickly.

You don't see these guys moving 5,6, 10+ feet of snow with some lame "2 stage" design :p:p

·
Premium Member
5,205 Posts
Here's another high tech blower. I've seen this same blower 3 years ago sitting in a pawn shop and they wanted $125.
Look under eastern panhandle West Va.

·
Premium Member
5,205 Posts
Hah, I restored one of those snow flite's for a family member. Tough, well built machines.
Er... Aren't those wheels/tires on backerds?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts