Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
To me, that chipper would be worth more than both units combined.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
yep, if the pic wasnt just an " example" and the machine came with both summer attachments it would be a steal !
...is that a chipper or a leaf vacuum/shredder ?

·
Registered
272 Posts
That's wicked!!!

·
Super Moderator
2,677 Posts
I've seen one setup like that before. In fact I can't be sure but the picture looked very close to identical to that one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Back in the late 1970's a friend of mine bought a house with a large barn. It had an Ariens tractor with the three attachments pictured. Together we purchased the chipper shredder attachment. Those attachments all worked splendidly.

Unfortunately, someone broke into my shed and stole the 7hp Tecumseh motor off my machine. I was in graduate school by the time and could only afford a non Snow King motor as a replacement. It turned out that the shaft on the new motor was too short to accept the dual sheve that the chipper shredder required, so I sold him my share. Later, he blew up his motor and sold the entire group and tractor for $100.00.

I have always been sorry that Ariens discontinued these attachments. Safety issues b/4 practically I guess. One needed a lot of respect for these machines. They would grind you up in a cocaine heartbeat if one made a mistake. I always wished I had the $'s to purchase that lot when my friend sold out, but I had neither the $'s or the appropriate storage space. Another life experience of aging. I have looked at the new Toro system and I always oogle Gravely's on Craigslist. However, I am extraordinarily happy with my 2003 Ariens 1124 Pro.
Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts