Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like we need to tighten up our security measures. Lotta posts on "brain power" from tolls I see. Can anything be done get away from this?

I don't have enough "Brain Power" to know how this inter web security thing all works. Maybe I need to start clicking on all their links in order to get smarter.

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts
the ip address of the spammer can be banned from this site if they wish to do so

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Ban The Spam, anyone want to buy a T shirt? :p

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
All this crap makes me want to run away from snowblowerforum.com
All forums have the same problems. Just ignore the posts unrelated to snow blowers and our moderators will remove the junk posts. I can accept the spam but not the loss of the forum or any of the excellent advice I get here. JMHO :(

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
All this crap makes me want to run away from snowblowerforum.com
Yes that is kind of a drastic move for a little spam.
Once they catch them they will be annihilated, squashed like the stink bug they are.

I guess someone has to approve of the new members?
Looks like they have been taken care of now?

·
Super Moderator
3,860 Posts
Spam posts dont live here long..I was last on the forum yesterday afternoon, im back less than 24 hours later, and a moderator has already deleted them all..we get to them quickly! :) There is a "one touch ban and clean" feature that moderators can use, which instantly deletes all the spammers posts, and bans the member..Its quick and efficient, but we do have to deal with some spam posts making it through to the forum..but they dont live here long..just ignore them when they show up, report them if you like (that does help make them more visible to the mods) and they will be quickly taken care of..

Scot

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the update Scot, and your due diligence with this!

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts
we have the same problem over on the Goldwing forum. for awhile I was the only mod there and quickly realized I needed a team and got the adm to ask a couple other members to become mods, some are in different time zones so spam doesn't stay on the board long over there

·
Super Moderator
3,860 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,205 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,205 Posts
Thanks Shryp! ( you too Scot for your help on past ones).. You guys do a awesome job here.
What Geno said ^^^

1 - 13 of 13 Posts