Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m a new snowblower owner, not a owner of a new snowblower. I found this forum by searching the net for parts. I’ve spent most of the afternoon reading postings. Looks like a lot of knowledgeable people here. I hope so because I’m in need of lots of help. I was given an old Jacobsen imperial 626. Nice to meet you all.

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
Welcome to the forum, those Jacobsen Imperial machines were built like tanks, but I understand parts are hard to come by.
We love photos, can you post some pics?

·
Registered
6,857 Posts
Years ago, before they had proper snow tires, machines would come with lawn tires and they would put chains on them which would bounce the machine apart, as well as the operator.

One of the first things you would benefit from is replacing those tires with the proper XTrac snow tires.

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread

Also changing out the metal skids over to poly will glide much smoother over surfaces, as well as not leave any rust marks. Many here, including myself, use the poly roller design on a lot of machines.

As mentioned, those are solid built machines ... replacing belts no problem, and are plentiful, but also want to pull the belly pan and check the friction disc as well as clean and lube in there.

You also want to run with the belt cover on, and if you do not have it, you can easily fabricate one.

Clean, prep and paint is cosmetic, but does give one a good feeling when a piece of old iron is brought back to like new condition.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info. I’ll definitely consider anything that’ll make my snow removal easier. I had thought I might restore it. Maybe next summer. I just want it operational.

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Do a Search under my name for my Snowblower Checklist.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts