Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe you guys out east can verify this...

Facts You May NOT Know About Crows...

Researchers for the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority found over 200 dead crows near greater Boston recently, and there was concern that they may have died from Avian Flu.

A Bird Pathologist examined the remains of all the crows, and, to everyone's relief, confirmed the problem was definitely NOT Avian Flu. The cause of death appeared to be vehicular impacts.

However, during the detailed analysis it was noted that varying colors of paints appeared on the bird's beaks and claws. By analyzing these paint residues it was determined that 98% of the crows had been killed by impact with trucks, while only 2% were killed by an impact with a car.

MTA then hired an Ornithological Behaviorist to determine if there was a cause for the disproportionate percentages of truck kills versus car kills.

He very quickly concluded the cause: When crows eat road kill, they always have a look-out crow in a nearby tree to warn of impending danger.

They discovered that while all the lookout crows could shout "Cah", not a single one could shout "Truck."

Is that right? Up here they say "eh".

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
only bird i ever hit in a truck was a couple of sea gull's

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Cah cah cah!. But down in West Va the crows yell caw caw caw! So I guess I'll give a hillbilly laugh here and say haw'haw haw. :D

·
Registered
261 Posts
Thats actually pretty funny.

·
Registered
390 Posts
A few years ago I was visiting relatives in Vermont. We were sitting around a table chatting and my wife got up to use the facilities. Another lady came back to the table and asked where she was.

"She went to the potty", I said.

"Pahty? What pahty? I didn't know anyone was having a pahty!" came the reply.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts