Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live 35 miles west of Chicago. About a year and a half ago, my (fiance at the time) moved in with me. She brought with her, her mothers old Toro 421. She said we can get rid of it, if I don't want it. Typically, I use my ride-on mower to plow my driveway. I decided to take the Toro 421 to a mower/ snow-blower repair place. He told me it looks good. So, I asked him to do a good tune up. so, he replaced the fuel line, adjusted the carb, linkage etc. Last winter, like normal, I used my mower to plow the driveway. Then, in February, we got slammed with 22 inches of snow in 24 hours!! The snow blower came to my rescue. My plow didn't stand a chance with that amount of snow that quick. What a life saver! This summer I cleaned the snow blower, and waxed it shiney. I am not sure what year it was made? is there a link to find out year of manufacturing?

Anyway, thats my story!

Hi all!

Bob

·
Super Moderator
2,689 Posts
Welcome to the Forum

Welcome.

I enjoyed hearing how that snowblower came to your rescue last year, maybe made a convert of your fiance at the time. Nothing like having the right tools for the job and sounds like you have it.

There's a wealth of info here so get a cup of coffee and pull up a chair.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey SHRYP....thanks for the Toro link.
I went in and ordered what I need.

And, I found out it is a 1980 model.

HCBPH, thanks for the Welcome.

I belong to Tractors.com and a few Jeep forums too.
I am sure you will see me back here from time to time.

Bob

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Welcome to the group, Bob. Always good to hear from new folks with great stories.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts