Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need a hex shaft (pn #738-0496) for my old MTD 420 Model #316 440A000 HO65B . I needed a blower quickly, so bought a like new (old) John Deere TRS22. I'm not too pleased with how it clogs up all the time. It does make nice wet snow bricks though! LOL Can anyone point me to some old parts? I'd love to get the MTD going again.
Mucho Thanks! Pat

·
Registered
153 Posts
If you know your part number, eBay is a good place as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I have searched the net pretty well without finding one. They are an "obsolete, discontinued" item. The ones on ebay aren't an exact match. :/

·
Registered
636 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Can you post a pic of the machine? Someone here may be able to cross reference another nameplate machine you could search out for parts. Many times a complete machine can be had for way less than buying a discontinued part.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can you post a pic of the machine? Someone here may be able to cross reference another nameplate machine you could search out for parts. Many times a complete machine can be had for way less than buying a discontinued part.
That's a thought... I'll get a couple picks tomorrow.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry I haven't been back on here for awhile. Here is a pic I pulled from the web. It looks just like mine. I'll get some of mine if anyone responds.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts