Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and I know this has been discussed many times but I'm hoping for some guidance. I have a an old John Deere 1032 snowblower. It has a Tecumseh HM100-159038C (Serial 8240D) engine on it that just died. I'm looking for options for direct replacement, I know Tecumseh is defunked so probably looking at Briggs or Honda replacements. Honestly, if anyone knows a good direct replacement with the predator (honda clone) engines from Harbor Freight I'd be happy to go that route.

It ran this morning until I heard the dreaded loud bang. Now the pull start feels like it has not compression and spins after pulling. I suspect the connecting rod is demolished.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
Doug

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Engines for less.com

LCT 13hp $200 however only pull start.

But they have others.

There is also small engine warehouse

Go to ebay.com

Plenty there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I fear the more complex stuff at HF. Though some have done well.
What about this? Briggs10.6hp Briggs Snow Blower Engine 3/4" Shaft Electric Start 21M114-0127-E1. on ebay $259.99.
You ought to check your main pulley inside diameter first. This engine is 3/4 and there are adapters, but it's one more issue.
link below
10.6hp Briggs Snow Blower Engine 3/4"D Shaft Electric Start 21M114-0127-E1 | eBay
Thanks for the opinion. I am heavily leaning toward briggs due to the fact I can get parts anywhere. Plus, you only run these machines here in PA a few hours a year. I'll take a look at these options and find out what my pulley diameter.

Thanks,
Doug

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I fear the more complex stuff at HF. Though some have done well.
What about this? Briggs10.6hp Briggs Snow Blower Engine 3/4" Shaft Electric Start 21M114-0127-E1. on ebay $259.99.
You ought to check your main pulley inside diameter first. This engine is 3/4 and there are adapters, but it's one more issue.
link below
10.6hp Briggs Snow Blower Engine 3/4"D Shaft Electric Start 21M114-0127-E1 | eBay
So, I think the briggs you posted might work. My only concern is that my small engine repair guy is saying the shaft dimensions on the existing HM100 are 3/4 x 2 3/4. Most of what I;'m seeing is 3/4 x 2 5/16. He also said my distance from the base of the engine to center shaft is 4 1/8".

I'll use any motor that will work at this point...

Thanks,
Doug

·
Registered
33 Posts
So, I think the briggs you posted might work. My only concern is that my small engine repair guy is saying the shaft dimensions on the existing HM100 are 3/4 x 2 3/4. Most of what I;'m seeing is 3/4 x 2 5/16. He also said my distance from the base of the engine to center shaft is 4 1/8".

I'll use any motor that will work at this point...

Thanks,
Doug
yup, it all matters. Find a good fit or you will chase problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts