Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few years ago I had an office chair that the seat was worn out but the hydraulic lift still worked. I kept it out of the landfill by turning it into a rolling stool to use in the garage. The original castor threads were 1/2 inch so I was able to use 1/2 threaded rod to anchor it to a wood base. I used five 4" castors from Harbor Freight. The plywood base provides a place to store hardware and tools while working on a project.

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
Saw 'rolling stool' and won't tell you what came to mind..

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Saw 'rolling stool' and won't tell you what came to mind..
Reminds me of a time long ago when I lived in Cleveland, Oh. Worked with a lady who had no children but she did own one of those tiny little noisy dogs. She always spoke like it was her child though. Anyway, she had to take it to the vet for a digestive problem and was told to bring his stool with her. She actually went out and bought a small stool and took it with her. To make things wose she told ius about it.

I also have a'rolling stool and I'll post a pic in a little while.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
I did something similar, with an old shop stool I bought at an auction, and a tractor seat that a family member was discarding. Doesn't roll, but if I come across another seat, I'm definitely going to add some casters, maybe on a milk crate with a plywood bottom like yours. It would come in handy working on engines that are still attached.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Old wooden student chair from school auction. Bottom is a cabinet door from a demolition of an old home ec room. Casters from some unknown source....Have had this roller for a long time. I cut the legs down a screwed it on the door with some long drywall screws. It orks great and I use it for lots of different things. I've been meaning to put some low sides on it so my tools won't fall off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts