Snowblower Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
At some point I will get the sensor out(which looks like I need to take apart the auger as I can't get to it with a wrench/ratchet) and have a look.
You should be able to access it with a combination wrench... I like these ratcheting ones.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hmm. Well, I will have another look. I didn’t see an angle at which I could get a wrench on it when I was in there.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Hmm. Well, I will have another look. I didn’t see an angle at which I could get a wrench on it when I was in there.
Should be right from the front... Under this guard (cover) here.
Automotive tire Steering part Motor vehicle Automotive design Electrical wiring

Reactions: orangputeh

·
Premium GOT Member
8,697 Posts
Should be right from the front... Under this guard (cover) here.
View attachment 186688
Wouldnt you replace or test sensor to see if that is the problem before removal/bypass? If a new sensor does not shut down engine then you know for sure there is no other problems. If a new one also shuts down the engine could you perhaps be causing more expensive repairs down the road by bypasssing?

seriously want to know as I have very little repair exp with these HSS models.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Wouldnt you replace or test sensor to see if that is the problem before removal/bypass?
Yeah, as I've suggested to him, the FIRST thing I would have done after checking the shear bolts and clevis pins would be to pull out the limit switch and check it. It's just a simple switch.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Well thanks for the thoughts but I’m not sure why you thought I didn’t know where the sensor was. As I mention I disconnected the sensor and also stated I could not get a wrench on the sensor when I first had a look. I’ll post what I find when I get the sensor out.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Well thanks for the thoughts but I’m not sure why you thought I didn’t know where the sensor was.
Sorry, but it's been about a month and a half. When you first posted I went out and pulled my limit switch and checked/reinstalled it in maybe 5-7 minutes, so my suspicion was that you might have needed a visual cue. At one point you were talking about disassembling the gearbox to get to the switch, so just trying to be helpful...

21 - 27 of 27 Posts