Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm a first time buyer of a snow blower, and am looking for some advice. I live in Atlantic Canada (tons of snow, both heavy and dry), plus my concrete driveway is on an incline. I've narrowed my search down to the following 2 models: Honda HSS928ACT & Ariens Hydro Pro Track 28. If you take the slight price difference out of the equation, which do you go with and why? I've looked at too many reviews at this point, and am torn!

Any feedback or help would be much appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
:welcome: to SBF joehardware

They are both great machines but if the money doesn't bother you IMHO .... I'd go with the Honda. Either way you'll have a great machine and both companies have wonderful customer support.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
:welcome: to SBF joehardware

They are both great machines but if the money doesn't bother you IMHO .... I'd go with the Honda. Either way you'll have a great machine and both companies have wonderful customer support.
Ok great, thanks for the advice!

Also, I'm just assuming I need a tracked model because I've got a mid-sloped concrete driveway? I know I could get a wheeled version w/chains, but then risk ruining my driveway over time. Are tracks overkill for me?

·
Registered
400 Posts
I live in Atlantic Canada, I have a tracked Honda 928, wouldn't trade it for anything. It's the envy of my neighborhood. 😊

·
Registered
485 Posts
Welcome Aboard!

Guess I'd spend some time talking to the dealers, see which one you like best, can't see you going wrong with either snowblower.

:white^_^arial^_^0^_

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
I've used a tracked machine and wished I owned one. It was at a residence with a very steep driveway. Maybe some photos of your situation would help us get a better idea. With good tires you might not need chains. Used to be all blowers needed chains due to them coming with "turf" tires. The newer style knobby tires have great bite. That said on a slightly icy hill nothing compares to tracks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the advice folks! I ended up going with a tracked Honda HSS928, and am absolutely thrilled for the first snow!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts