2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to find someone to purchase our Honda 928S Snowblower
Please let us know what we should ask for it
2 Stage, Track Drive
We have no need for it now
Had it since 2008 but haven't used it much
Bought from another owner who also hadn't used it much
We both got lazy and had our landscaper do the work!!!
Located in Wyckoff, NJ
Let us know what it is worth OR make an offer OR any ideas where else to post it?
Thank you!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,216 Posts
craigslist, facebook marketplace plus fb local groups, nextdoor.com if you have one. this time of year I agree with tabora. maybe 1200. more during winter. 1500-1800 depending on average prices for your area.

good luck.

PS, you should wash it. spray some degreaser all over and then rinse off with high pressure hose.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I totally agree with orangputeh above, clean it up and make it as shiny as you can, in NJ you will easily get $1,200. If you're in no hurry you could wait and post in October for $1,500-1,800 and you'll most likely get it. It is a very nice machine that has been kept well. Spray WD-40 on all the metal and wipe it down, Armor All any plastic and a little "tire wet" on the tracks will really make it pop, just sayin'.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't like being the party pooper but here I go. I'm in NJ and a few things come to mind:
1. We have not had a significant enough snowfall to warrant that machine in some time. Not last winter. Barely the winter before. Memories are short term.
2. I have an 1132 of the same vintage. About two years ago I decided I would downsize (in winter) as I have other snow equipment. I listed in the 1800-2000 range and had no bites (except for the bottom feeders.)
3. Uh, it's summer. Very limited market.

But of course I hope that I am wrong!

·
Premium Member
5,216 Posts
I don't like being the party pooper but here I go. I'm in NJ and a few things come to mind:
1. We have not had a significant enough snowfall to warrant that machine in some time. Not last winter. Barely the winter before. Memories are short term.
2. I have an 1132 of the same vintage. About two years ago I decided I would downsize (in winter) as I have other snow equipment. I listed in the 1800-2000 range and had no bites (except for the bottom feeders.)
3. Uh, it's summer. Very limited market.

But of course I hope that I am wrong!
You're not too wrong. There are people looking now but they are not anxious to buy like they are after a storm of course. A 1132 would go fast around here for 1800-2000/ people would be lined up.

august/sept are my best months for sales but we get a lot of snow here. 500-700 inches 2 winters ago and I think only 200-350 inches last winter but people are always expecting big winters here in the Sierra. They still remember 2 years ago.

If we have another mediocre winter or 2 in a row , demand will fall off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts