Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll preface this by saying I realize this isn't exactly a Honda snowblower. I have a Honda 5013 multipurpose tractor. I want to add a front mount snowblower. These were made for Honda by Radtech, who also sold more or less the same snowblower to a bunch of other manufacturers including Yamaha, Kubota, Massey Ferguson and Roper. I managed to buy a used snowblower pretty cheap, but minus the quick hitch part and driveshaft. Does anyone either have one of these they're willing to sell and ship, or have one they're willing to take measurements and pictures of so I can build one? If I can't find anything I'll just build something, but I would like to have it dimensionally identical to the real thing.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,723 Posts
I wonder if you could call Radtech or find a link on their site with the diagrams for these parts?

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I have a Honda 5013 multipurpose tractor.
What is your full model number and serial number? There are about a dozen different revs and the diagrams are listed separately for each. e.g. H5013 A2-A VIN# FAHA-1100001 TO FAHA-2099999

Here's a PDF copy of the QH5000 manual that might be useful: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwirlJOX_PnyAhW9KFkFHVQPDU4QFnoECAYQAQ&url=http://cdn.powerequipment.honda.com/pe/pdf/manuals/31qh5002.pdf&usg=AOvVaw1Ann-T15LUS0NGw393PR6K

Formula H has sold a bunch of those; perhaps they still have one? New Front Quick Hitch for Honda RT5000, H5013, or H5518 Tractor – Formula H Motorworks, Inc.

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
Not responding to an email inquiry does not speak much of the company, but it could have been over looked. I would try calling.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What is your full model number and serial number? There are about a dozen different revs and the diagrams are listed separately for each. e.g. H5013 A2-A VIN# FAHA-1100001 TO FAHA-2099999
It's an early 5013. Serial number FAHA-1100760. The quick hitch should be the same for all of them though. It's pretty rare to make accessories unique to a certain revision.

I actually already had that, but thank you

If they do have one chances are I'm not willing to pay what they're going to want for it. I'm looking for something either reasonably priced used, or just pictures with measurements. It's not hard to make, but I would like to for it be dimensionally identical to the real thing.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not responding to an email inquiry does not speak much of the company, but it could have been over looked. I would try calling.
I may yet, if I can't find something here. Something tells me they're going to want a lot for this stuff new. So I'd rather find it used or make my own.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
If they do have one chances are I'm not willing to pay what they're going to want for it. I'm looking for something either reasonably priced used, or just pictures with measurements. It's not hard to make, but I would like to for it be dimensionally identical to the real thing.
Looks like they sell for $300-650... They may be willing to help out with the dimensions for a small fee.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Here's a fellow that made one and he likely has the dimensions you're looking for:

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Here's a blade including a QH5000 in Toledo...

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's a fellow that made one and he likely has the dimensions you're looking for:
I saw that post a while back. Having been heavily involved with various other forums over the years I can tell you that generally when you see 4 posts made and they were all 5 years ago that user is long gone and never coming back. It's a shame he never posted the dimensions for the next guy looking

Here's a blade including a QH5000 in Toledo...
Good price, but I'm in New Brunswick, Canada unfortunately.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think I managed to find at least most of what I'm looking for. Picking up this Roper GT180 in the morning with another identical Radtech blower with the quick hitch and driveshaft. I may still need half a driveshaft and I'll definitely have to modify or build the tractor side of the quick hitch, but at least I have stuff to work with. I think I can use the tiller too as an added bonus.
Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Television set Automotive design
Automotive design Font Television Screenshot Bumper
Automotive tire Screenshot Motor vehicle Bumper Font
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Finally got this picked up yesterday. So far so good. The driveshaft fits the tractor PTO correctly and seems like it's the correct length. I'm basically left with modifying the Roper quick hitch or making one from scratch. I'd rather not cut up the Roper quick hitch as they really aren't that hard to make with a pattern. I do however still need measurements for the rods and some other dimensions on the tractor side of the quick hitch. The snowblower side will be perfect.

Attachments

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This will be a very sweey set-up. Are you painting the blower to match up with that nice shiny Honda? Post pics when done.
I dropped it off for sandblasting and paint last week. It's going red, but not quite a Honda red unfortunately. I didn't have a lot of choice of colours, especially where I got a deal on the work with the stipulation that it might take a little while until it could go in with another job.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts