Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason my augur cable "cam" on right handlebar decided to bend such that the barrel on end of cable is not held in place. Seemed to happen after I replaced the augur belt. The part (5420-732-010) is not available. Has anyone figured out a clever alternative to this rather complex part? I bent it back but of course it's too weak to function.

·
Premium Member
4,811 Posts
For some reason my augur cable "cam" on right handlebar decided to bend such that the barrel on end of cable is not held in place. Seemed to happen after I replaced the augur belt. The part (5420-732-010) is not available. Has anyone figured out a clever alternative to this rather complex part? I bent it back but of course it's too weak to function.
can you post a picture. not sure exactly what is wrong. the handle won't lock down? replacing the cable should not have affected that. did you take that section apart for some other reason?

do you have a Honda shop manual?

if it's bent is it possible to bend back. I have done that in the past unless it is broken such the cable end won't stay in place.

a picture would help.

·
Premium Member
4,811 Posts
i went on boats.net to see the part you are talking about. that's the one I bent back one time . but i have seen one that was partially broke and would not hold the end of the cable. I took one off one of my donor machines in that case.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
That's not a correct Honda Part Number... Are you talking about the "BOSS, CAM LOCK" part number 54520-732-010 (54520-736-A01 on the rev K1 & K2 HS55 and the HS80)?

The newer part is available for only $26.14 - maybe it can substitute for the older part?
https://www.partspak.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=362399&gclid=Cj0KCQjwjvXeBRDDARIsAC38TP4A6HLAzdQEub2Gn4KUEMYHubSAe9ECHsuY7_cjmiEqtTVLLUtzZEoaArreEALw_wcB

If substitution isn't possible, that part was also used on the HS70, so there should be a fair number of them out there in the used parts market.

·
Premium Member
4,811 Posts
That's not a correct Honda Part Number... Are you talking about the "BOSS, CAM LOCK" part number 54520-732-010 (54520-736-A01 on the rev K1 & K2 HS55 and the HS80)?

The newer part is available for only $26.14 - maybe it can substitute for the older part?
https://www.partspak.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=362399&gclid=Cj0KCQjwjvXeBRDDARIsAC38TP4A6HLAzdQEub2Gn4KUEMYHubSAe9ECHsuY7_cjmiEqtTVLLUtzZEoaArreEALw_wcB

If substitution isn't possible, that part was also used on the HS70, so there should be a fair number of them out there in the used parts market.
I was assuming that was the part he meant. so partpak has that part? thanks. good for future reference.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I'll have to give Partspak a call to see if the -A01 will work. The diagram on their site shows the part to be BOSS, CAM LOCK (NOT AVAILABLE) 54520-732-010.

I'll post pics of my jury rig. I'd prefer to have the part though because my fix doesn't allow the cable termination to rotate thus likely stressing cable.

My blower is and HS 55 WA.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The used market is wanting me to buy the entire handlebar assembly. Roughly $100 plus shipping.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's my jury rig. I cut off the bent cable "cup". Drilled a hole in the boss cam part to accommodate one side of the cable terminator (I call it a barrel), and made up a new piece to hold the other side of the cable barrel.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,811 Posts
Here's my jury rig. I cut off the bent cable "cup". Drilled a hole in the boss cam part to accommodate one side of the cable terminator (I call it a barrel), and made up a new piece to hold the other side of the cable barrel.
gee, too bad you had to cut off. it looked like it could have been bent back but you are jonny on the spot.

if it works it works.....great. can you grease that area to cut down on friction?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
gee, too bad you had to cut off. it looked like it could have been bent back but you are jonny on the spot.

if it works it works.....great. can you grease that area to cut down on friction?
I bent it back but it didn't hold.

·
Registered
11 Posts
excellent idea ! :smile2:, my snow blower gave the same problem. I’ve doubled back 3 times and I’ll end up using your idea. Until I found the new part to sell more it would cost me $ 120 on account of shipping to Canada

1 - 18 of 18 Posts