Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a change to buy a Honda HS621 single stage snow blower at a real good price. It starts up and runs good engine-wise; however, when the blower enters snow to blow it off the cement it revs down and then it dies according to the owner who says its 8 to 9 years old and has been used commercially too. What would cause this to happen as I want to know how much the repair would be or if it is just something needing adjustment. Could it be the governor needing adjustment, a belt, pulley, gearbox, or something else? Thanks.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Me best guess is that it's a fuel/carburetor issue. The motor is getting enough fuel to idle and perform with no load, but is lacking the fuel intake to provide the necessary combustion needed to move the snow. If it's that, a simple cleaning or rebuild of the carb should fix it up.

I'm sure someone else who has more knowledge about the single stage blowers will chime in soon enough and give their thoughts on the matter.

Oh, and can't forget...welcome to the forum

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Welcome, and albeit I am not a single stage expert, it sounds as though something in the auger is binding. I would check the bearings on the sides of the auger, and the drive gears bearings as well.

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
My guess would be dirty carb starving it for fuel when the governor tries to open the throttle. Second guess would be something with the linkage not allowing the throttle to open up.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
That is what mine did when I had the crack in the plastic part of the fuel fitting.
Ran fine until I went into the snow a couple feet, when it automatically revved up entering the snow it would die. I guess it was sucking too much air through bad fitting? Or not getting enough gas?

The problem went away when I fixed the leaking fitting.

My choice, it would be in the carb somehow.

·
Registered
42 Posts
As others have mentioned, the first place that I'd go for the problem you describe would be the carb. Specifically the main jet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts