Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys! I'm new to snowblowers and also this forum. As my dad's getting old and weak, I just bought him a HS622 with a defective transmission. I'll fix it up for him so it's good and ready. It starts at the first pull, so I guess the engine needs no rebuild (except normal care, oil/plug/filter change). However, the transmission only goes in reverse. What would that indicate? Is there one common gear for both drive gear 1 and 2 (which in turn goes into separate 1 and 2 gears)? It's strange that both 1 and 2 is out, while R is working. I would expect only one gear to wear out, not both. Unless the previous owner wore out one gear, then shifted to the other and wore out this.
We live quite far apart, so I'm asking here in the forum to be a little prepared before I go there and open the transmission. Which part number would be worn if it only goes in reverse?

I also ask which other parts needed for this rebuild? I suspect I need a transmission case gasket. I see there are a lot of seals and o-rings, but which oil seals, o-rings, ball bearings, etc would i most likely need for this?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Then don't open the transmission.
Did you adjust the operating lever?
And sure, you love the old man. That's why you got him a track to wrestle. What a son!:rolleyes:
You figure if you can't tune him up, down to the fjord and out on the ice floe he goes, eh?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Then don't open the transmission.
Did you adjust the operating lever?
And sure, you love the old man. That's why you got him a track to wrestle. What a son!:rolleyes:
You figure if you can't tune him up, down to the fjord and out on the ice floe he goes, eh?
Thanks for the lowest quality reply in snowblower history.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Hey!
It meets the quality of the post. Whaddaya want?
Lars, did you adjust the drive cable?
If you'd answer that, things would have gone better/.
Now it's just a hint.
Go ahead, start tearin' into it.
Those parts are very hard to find and expensive.
Spend yer money.
Down to the fjord, out on the floe!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I said I bought it with a defective transmission. The previous owner opened it.
Which parts? They're all available from boats and others. Not expensive at all.

And PS, my dad asked for a tracked blower, not wheeled.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts