Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a HS624 track unit that was given to me but don't need it and want to sell it but have no idea how old it is or what it is worth. It runs great and I just serviced the auger and replaced some old shear pins etc has some rust on housing but tracks are in excellent shape
What should I ask for it?

·
Premium Member
5,387 Posts
that's a 1991 model. can tell by gear shift knob. around here those go for $400-1200 depending on condition. it depends where u live, how much snow you get , time of year , etc etc etc.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Those little old HS 624 machines were built like a Timex watch. They took a lot of abuse and just kept on running. Those little things did a lot of work and just kept on going, like the "Energizer Bunny".
We see many of them still running and get called out when the newer bigger models of different manufacturers fail, the little old Honda comes in and finishes up the job or gets called out when the others can't handle the rough stuff. Those little things surprised a lot of people when they saw the amount of work they did and didn't fail or clog. They were one tough little machine. Too bad Honda doesn't build them anymore, and doesn't build the new machines as good as they built those.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven’t tried it so not sure how it works. Maybe I will hang onto it until the first snowfall give it a try and then put it up for sale. I was thinking $750-800 but not sure. Hard to believe it’s a 1991. If that’s the case it is in remarkably good condition for a 91

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
you are better off to list higher and take less if if comes down to it. might be worth trying for $1200 and go for taking $1000. got to remember orangputeh is in the US so the range he mentioned is about $500-1500 CAD. i think you might be able to get $1000 for it. a quick seach of kijiji had this pop up and it looks in worse shape than yours for $750

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow look at the greasy housing on that. The million dollar question is will he get $750 for that greasy looking unit. Maybe I should be more like $1100 .... I don’t know it seems like too much for a 1991 unit. But the Honda tracked blowers are/were more expensive than other makes that have wheels.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
ya. you almost need to look locally at what people are asking for similar machines. also take into consideration that new honda's start at $2600 plus tax. that would be pretty much $3k here in Ontario and that is only for a 22" machine. the 24" machine seems to be about $1000 more. $1100 used for a nice used machine is definitely better than the price new.
. Snowblowers | Honda Power Equipment

·
Premium Member
5,387 Posts
ya. you almost need to look locally at what people are asking for similar machines. also take into consideration that new honda's start at $2600 plus tax. that would be pretty much $3k here in Ontario and that is only for a 22" machine. the 24" machine seems to be about $1000 more. $1100 used for a nice used machine is definitely better than the price new.
. Snowblowers | Honda Power Equipment
sold this 624 yesterday for over 1k ( in US ). I have the exact same model with wheels for about 10 years and it's a remarkable blowing machine. just as good as any 928 I have used. dont know why . On a wheeled model the auger housing is taller and the augers are bigger than on a tracked model. Lot of demand for good 624-724's around here. Dont last long on classifieds.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,387 Posts
you are better off to list higher and take less if if comes down to it. might be worth trying for $1200 and go for taking $1000. got to remember orangputeh is in the US so the range he mentioned is about $500-1500 CAD. i think you might be able to get $1000 for it. a quick seach of kijiji had this pop up and it looks in worse shape than yours for $750
ya. that's rough looking. around a $500 US machine around here.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
ya. that's rough looking. around a $500 US machine around here.
he is only asking about $570 US so not far off what you see them go for. ya it definitely looks rough. i am betting it would likely be a nightmare to get apart with all the rust. definitely looks in way worse shape than lowufo's machine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think that I will hang onto it until it snows and then I can check the operation so I know it works as it should. Then I will list it for sale knowing it works properly. Other units I see on Kijiji right now that are 1200-1500 Cdn look to have no rust on the housing. Mine does have some rust on the housing on the sides and the bottom. The left hand of the housing is getting thin. If I was going to keep it I would weld a couples pieces on and re paint housing. But because I am selling it I don’t want to get to carried away with it at the moment. So I think I will start at $975 Cdn and see where it goes. If it had no rust I would go $1100-1200

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
to me the rust looks like pretty minor surface rust unless it looks worse in person than it does in the photos you posted. i would still say aim high unless you just want it gone. if you list it cheap you will definitely know it since you will get flooded with e-mails and it generally looks bad if you raise the price after you realize you may have it listed a bit cheap. heck i have listed a couple machines lately for about $100 less than market value and had them sold and gone within 24 hours with lots of people interested

·
Premium Member
5,387 Posts
Is this Canada or East Coastal US? They use salt , dont they? Man they ruin these machines. I'd hate to work on them. I watch donyboy's videos and the stuff he has to work on.........gosh dang. ( family site )

unless this blower has just been left out in elements for the last 15-20 years.

·
Registered
911 Posts
That 624 is in way better condition than most of the ones I see around her or even in Canada. My in-laws are from Toronto and I have kind of kept an eye on the GTA market as I have been looking for a Canadian HS928 or HS1332 with electric start/chute etc. You can easily ask $1500 CAD for that machine, that of course depends on what part of Canada you are from; the rust is only surface rust, nothing like a bit of touch up paint cant fix.

More importantly your augers are in good shape, thats a good selling point as most of the 624 around her, especially tracked units have augers that are worn down to nothing.

·
Registered
911 Posts
On a side note, this is a 624 I restored a while back for my brother; his ex-wife has it now and I built him an 1132 since, every time he uses his 1132 he tells me how much he miss the 624 as that thing was an animal and very easy to maneuver.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'd give you $400 American as-is, but since the border is understandably closed, I cant get there!
How 'bout we meet at the nearest international bridge and let it drive itself across the bridge to the USA?
Douse it in Isopropyl and send it on its' way!
I'll meet it on the other side.
I have a drone and could airlift you the cash.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Forecast says 3-4” of snow overnight and into tomorrow so looks like I might get a chance to try it out 😀

·
Premium Member
5,387 Posts
On a side note, this is a 624 I restored a while back for my brother; his ex-wife has it now and I built him an 1132 since, every time he uses his 1132 he tells me how much he miss the 624 as that thing was an animal and very easy to maneuver.

I have a 624 wheeled model like this and it's amazing. The wheeled Honda's have a taller bucket and larger augers than the tracked.
20201012_122341_resized.jpg
People think it's a 928 the way it throws. I have blown 3 feet of snow with no problem. Must have been built a day when the guys didnt come in hungover or something.

will NEVER NEVER EVER sell it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Snow arrived as predicted so I am having a coffee and watching it pile up. I am looking forward to giving the Honda a try and see how she does 😀❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

1 - 20 of 24 Posts