Snowblower Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Thanks for the replies I used the blower today and it worked really good only complaint is the chute is a bit too small. Other than that it worked perfect. Sold it today in 4 hours. Got $950 cash so pretty happy with that. I probably could have got more but to be honest I wanted it gone quick and didn’t want to fool around selling it. Both of us were very happy with the deal so it worked out perfectly.

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Snow arrived as predicted so I am having a coffee and watching it pile up. I am looking forward to giving the Honda a try and see how she does 😀❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄
win win

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
that is good. the fact that you were able to sell it in only 4 hours just proves you were asking too little but as long as you are happy that is all that matters. i am guessing you had lots of other interested parties in that short time span.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yeah I might have got a touch more or I might not of if it was more money who knows. Maybe we were just lucky and found the right person? I guess we won’t know for sure but either way it worked out perfectly and didn’t take a month to sell it 🤗🤗

·
Registered
13 Posts
I prefer the wheeled units to the tracked, but the tracked 624 might be my favorite looking Honda of all time. Something about how small it is and how much work it can do.

·
Registered
787 Posts
That's a $400-$600 in ohio. I used it once and decided to keep it as my personal blower.

Reactions: orangputeh

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Good haul! What's the skirting under the exhaust and carb? I've never seen that before.
The HSS622CTD1 has similar, if somewhat smaller skirting. Must be a Canada special spec item on the Japan-built HS624 in the transitional era. This picture is the only other HS624 I'd seen with the skirting, and it's in Bulgaria:

Of course, now I'm seeing them everywhere (Edmonton, AB, Canada):

·
Registered
17 Posts
I also have these two machines sitting in my garage... The machine in the front is a half bred of sorts. It’s a brand new original 5 hp Briggs and Stratton but the motor has been replaced with one off a 10 year old 11.5 hp Sears Craftsman I had. I found 5 hp wasn’t cutting it. The machine in the back is a single stage Craftsman for my wife to use.
It’s 208 cc and 4 years old. I bought that one just recently on Facebook Market place for $225.00, it’s mint for its age.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
We take of senior citizen neighbour’s driveways on our street. For those really big dumpings of snow we just dig out the plow.
hahaha that is almost too nice of a vehicle to be plowing with. almost need something like my daily driver for plowing. i had someone tell me these make a good nearly unstoppable plow vehicle because of the size and weight distribution. i know when i throw it in 4 low it will pull a vehicle behind it will no gas needed with no effort at all. i could imagine it pushing snow just as easily.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My 1989 Blazer is a 10 footer. It looks really nice from 10 feet away. But it is 31 years old. It's body is bubbling a bit in the rear wheel well arches. It does the trick though for those heavy end of the driveway piles left by the town plows.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
hahaha i still see worse on the road lol. i have wanted to get a plow but just can't bring myself to do it. my leafs already bend the wrong way up front and i only got a 318. no need to ad more weight to the front end. plus then it also adds more wear and tear to the front end. always fixing 1 thing or another

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
looks like a decent size but almost a bit small for a plow. my sister shovels a driveway about that size. her driveway can hold about 6-7 vehicles depending on how you park. she refuses to use a snowblower. for a driveway your size the blower you got is likely a bit on the small side but will do the job. i got a 24" machine at my sisters place and it does the job even tho a larger machine would likely do the job a bit quicker. i mainly got a smaller machine for there hoping my nephew might be willing to try and clear the driveway eventually.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts