Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wheeled version, need decent used housing. Willing to go $300-$350, and can pick up if within a couple hundred miles of Johnstown, Pa. After many years of a 400' gravel driveway, My SB is beaten up, full of pinholes from gravel intake. I can get it welded, but a used unit to swap out would be easier. My email is [email protected]. Cell is 814-243-4132

·
Registered
247 Posts
Check with repair shops in your area. They may have a machine (engine, kaput) that the customer decided he wasn't going to spend the bucks to fix it.

·
Premium Member
4,991 Posts
Wheeled version, need decent used housing. Willing to go $300-$350, and can pick up if within a couple hundred miles of Johnstown, Pa. After many years of a 400' gravel driveway, My SB is beaten up, full of pinholes from gravel intake. I can get it welded, but a used unit to swap out would be easier. My email is [email protected]. Cell is 814-243-4132
you can probably get a whole 928 for that price this time of year or less if it has a bad tranny or engine or bad right side gearbox.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree. My unit was bought in 1999. But I don't know where all these old defective machines go for parts around here- it's like they go to scrap metal heaven or something. NONE of the shops around here have salvage units sitting around. I have it apart now, so guess I'm going to line up a local welder to re-inforce the auger impeller/ intake chute.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The dealer said it would cost me roughly double what I paid for mine, to replace it with a new similar unit. I'll go the fix-up route for now.

·
Premium Member
4,991 Posts
I agree. My unit was bought in 1999. But I don't know where all these old defective machines go for parts around here- it's like they go to scrap metal heaven or something. NONE of the shops around here have salvage units sitting around. I have it apart now, so guess I'm going to line up a local welder to re-inforce the auger impeller/ intake chute.
In our town we have a makerspace place that teaches classes on all kinds of stuff. i took classes in welding and metal fabrication for $25 a class. the guy was so cool he encouraged us to bring projects in to work on so I brought in an old bucket from a HS828 and did some prelim work and he helped me weld some metal onto it.

not sure how much a pro would cost to fix yours but ya $300 sounds about right for a good straight used bucket . they are rare.......very rare .......so the repair route may be your best option.

good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts