Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a hs928 that I took the auger housing off of and replaced the belts…. I put back together and when engaging the auger the aug spins slow and sparks come from the belt location… I seen a video on YouTube that talked about the brake and making sure the handle for the auger handled is tied down to make sure the brakes ends up in the right location… I took apart again and made sure this was fix and seem to go together fine and I tried with the augers left out and ran it up… it ran fine armed like it spined fast and no sparks… I put the augers back in and it seemed like where the gears and the augers meet was tight going to get her….I got it done and then it seemed as if the pulleys are not lining up good… tried running it and sparks again ….

any ideas?

·
Premium GOT Member
8,836 Posts
lay machine back on handles and check the auger brake. it should be against belt and auger pulley. try pulling auger brake away from pulley by hand. should move easily and spring back when you let go.
Pictures of belts and idler wheels may help.

When everything is done right everything should fit back together easily......not tight.....red flag.
Tire Wheel Snow Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks…. I took the augers off again and the inside shear bolt was not through the shaft! so all good now… another question if u don’t mind helping if u can… the electric chute stops at one side( like I figured it would) on the other side it just keeps running the motor but won’t stop at it’s stop?

·
Premium GOT Member
8,836 Posts
Thanks…. I took the augers off again and the inside shear bolt was not through the shaft! so all good now… another question if u don’t mind helping if u can… the electric chute stops at one side( like I figured it would) on the other side it just keeps running the motor but won’t stop at it’s stop?
@tabora or someone else with more experience with these chute motors will be able to help. Have heard sometimes the contacts can be cleaned but maybe a longshot.

good luck.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Usually there are limit switches to keep a check on when the chute has reached at the end of each direction. I dont have access to the electrical schematics for your particular machine but checking for faulty limit switch/s would be a good place to start.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts