Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
It doesn’t snow enough or regularly when I live.

(I own one that has been a garage queen the last two winters)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
749 Posts
That HSS1332 is an amazing machine! I really like the design. It has a sensor that stops the machine when there is a clog, instead of breaking a shear pin. Great engineering!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Won't be me talking you out of it either! Purchased mine in 2017 (replacing a 1987 HS80) and am VERY happy with it. If you get a new one now, you get to miss out on the little HSS teething issues we early adopters muddled through.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Only caveat I can really think about with Hondas if you are exceptionally tall. I'm 6'1" and wish the handlebars were adjustable or a tad higher. If I were 6'5" like my son, I'd really want the extensions that used to be sold by some guy in Colorado I think.

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
Only caveat I can really think about with Hondas if you are exceptionally tall. I'm 6'1" and wish the handlebars were adjustable or a tad higher. If I were 6'5" like my son, I'd really want the extensions that used to be sold by some guy in Colorado I think.
That guy lives about 5 miles from me in Cali and he's retired. He gave me the blue prints to build 6 inch extensions for the handle and chute controls.

I put them on a pdf file and they are on my FB group Honda Snowblower Enthusiasts free to the world of Honda owners. I'm not very computer savvy. if I can figure a way to post that here I would put it in a sticky on the Honda forum if the administrator here would let me.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Thanks you so much @orangputeh . I recall seeing these years ago but then he stopped selling the kits. I have a pretty well equipped metal shop so I was hoping some day to tackle this mod.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Woooo Hoooo.... :) You made my day.

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
Thanks you so much @orangputeh . I recall seeing these years ago but then he stopped selling the kits. I have a pretty well equipped metal shop so I was hoping some day to tackle this mod.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Woooo Hoooo.... :) You made my day.
you're welcome. have had several people make these from these plans and they said they were right on. good luck. I have had people want me to sell them but it's just too much trouble for me. Plus I'm only 5'5" tall so don't need them.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Well, you made me happy, so thanks. My winter project was a RC Lawnmower and now that it's done I'm looking for a summer project. This should fit the bill.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Need to get the ATD for extra options. 32 inches likes flat ground. Weighs 200-300 pounds and the bucket doesn’t bounce up when hitting a bump in the sidewalk. I started to keep the bucket adjustment lever pushed down. Odd angle between scraper blade and bucket. If you get a weird angle you can grab the bucket with the cement instead of the scraper bar taking the wear. $450 bucket. It makes you appreciate a smaller bucket and wheeled snowblower because of the versatility. Power of engine is great.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts