Snowblower Forum banner

Honda Hss1332 what don't you like

7K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  orangputeh 
#1 ·
I am going to buy one today, unless someone can talk me out of it.

#4 ·
That HSS1332 is an amazing machine! I really like the design. It has a sensor that stops the machine when there is a clog, instead of breaking a shear pin. Great engineering!

#5 ·
Won't be me talking you out of it either! Purchased mine in 2017 (replacing a 1987 HS80) and am VERY happy with it. If you get a new one now, you get to miss out on the little HSS teething issues we early adopters muddled through.

#8 ·
Only caveat I can really think about with Hondas if you are exceptionally tall. I'm 6'1" and wish the handlebars were adjustable or a tad higher. If I were 6'5" like my son, I'd really want the extensions that used to be sold by some guy in Colorado I think.

#9 ·
That guy lives about 5 miles from me in Cali and he's retired. He gave me the blue prints to build 6 inch extensions for the handle and chute controls.

I put them on a pdf file and they are on my FB group Honda Snowblower Enthusiasts free to the world of Honda owners. I'm not very computer savvy. if I can figure a way to post that here I would put it in a sticky on the Honda forum if the administrator here would let me.

#11 ·
you're welcome. have had several people make these from these plans and they said they were right on. good luck. I have had people want me to sell them but it's just too much trouble for me. Plus I'm only 5'5" tall so don't need them.

#13 ·
Need to get the ATD for extra options. 32 inches likes flat ground. Weighs 200-300 pounds and the bucket doesn’t bounce up when hitting a bump in the sidewalk. I started to keep the bucket adjustment lever pushed down. Odd angle between scraper blade and bucket. If you get a weird angle you can grab the bucket with the cement instead of the scraper bar taking the wear. $450 bucket. It makes you appreciate a smaller bucket and wheeled snowblower because of the versatility. Power of engine is great.

#19 ·
Here are the ones I have. Can't recall which nice member gave them to me now...it was either @orangputeh or @tabora methinks. The higher chute crank is there as well.

I know one of the files says (7), but these are all of them.

I haven't got around to building them yet.
@captchas i think these are it. can these be made into a sticky on Honda forum or made easier for members to find? people are always asking about them.

i met the inventor in person. he lives about 5 miles from me. he gave me the blueprints to share with the world for free. ( I could have made much beer money:cool:) He's seems to be a genius to me after talking for an hour. he moved on to other projects.

Reactions: CalgaryPT
#18 ·
Here are the ones I have. Can't recall which nice member gave them to me now...it was either @orangputeh or @tabora methinks. The higher chute crank is there as well.

I know one of the files says (7), but these are all of them.

I haven't got around to building them yet.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.