Snowblower Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 HSS1332ATD
167 Posts
yeah, that looks great. Done deal. Indeed, Home Depot has it while Amazon only has the 1010. Good save. Thanks
Hate to belabor the point, but if I tilted the blower prior to the first change and removed the drain plug could I install the drainzit right then and there? Or would there be too much head pressure and it oil would come spilling out?

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
if I tilted the blower prior to the first change and removed the drain plug could I install the drainzit right then and there?
That's what I did. IIRC, I used a 4x4 and a 2x4 stacked under the drain side track. Removed the extension with the drain plug still in the end and popped on the Drainzit. Easy. Made the first oil change VERY easy.

·
Premium Member
2021 HSS1332ATD
167 Posts
That's what I did. IIRC, I used a 4x4 and a 2x4 stacked under the drain side track. Removed the extension with the drain plug still in the end and popped on the Drainzit. Easy. Made the first oil change VERY easy.
Quick question on the drainzit install: I remove the extension; I assume there is no washer or o-ring that I need to replace as well? The extension is simply threaded in? Thanks.....

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
The extension is simply threaded in?
Yup, it has its own seal...
  • First, remove the oil drain plug from your engine and attach the Drainzit hose. Make sure the connection is secure and the custom-designed fitted seal will do the rest.

·
Premium Member
2021 HSS1332ATD
167 Posts
Yup, it has its own seal...
  • First, remove the oil drain plug from your engine and attach the Drainzit hose. Make sure the connection is secure and the custom-designed fitted seal will do the rest.
Hate to belabor this, but the fitted seal at the base of the extension is a permanent seal, and not one I need to replace when I crack that seal initially, right? Sorry but I’m being extremely OCD about making sure things are right the first time as far as maintaining and laying up my 1332 the right way the first year out. Don’t worry, while I have 5-6 weeks of more snow, I’ll probably be silent until next season and I’ll try not to abuse the forum with incessant posting. My plan is to tilt the machine To a 45 degree angle and install the HON 1012 Dranzit before that first oil change. ✌🏼

btw, should I get a torque wrench to be exacting? 😖

Delta

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Reactions: Breckcapt

·
Premium Member
2021 HSS1332ATD
167 Posts
Time to let it go. I posted the verbatim instructions line... Remove everything Honda and install everything Drainzit.

Really let it go... Use vise grips! 😈
i hear ya! ✌🏼Perhaps not vice grips. 😁

·
Registered
377 Posts
I found out a long time ago that synthetics let an engine crank a whole lot easier.

Mobile makes a 10w synthetic that is oriented towards air and liquid cooled motorcycle engines - MX4T. I don't know if it makes a lot of difference, but that is what I switched the cycles and yard equipment to 15 years ago. Its not exclusive as it takes in liquid

I agree on the break in on regular oil, again I am not sure it makes a difference, but its not going to hurt anything and may seat in a bit better.

The Pennzoil will be fine, the Mobile 4T difference does not seem to be major but a bit of chemistry shift. I run that in the Ural boxer engine now (the two wheel cycles are gone).

The Ural has to say outside, we had a night of 5 deg and it started fine when it was around 10 deg the next day (so I don't know how cold soaked the engine was still). I don't normally do that, I start in warmer spells usually but I wanted to see how it did.

I run the Honda Lawnmower on the MX4T as well.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Really let it go... Use vise grips!

Day in day out Vice Grips are much better than Torque wreenches , same those for head bolts! (well a the right size metric wrench is preferred)

·
Premium Member
2021 HSS1332ATD
167 Posts
So you’re saying tilt it about 6”? Or is that 8”? I’m assuming this old guy can do this himself.....that oil change coming up in 4-5vweeks.

·
Premium Member
2021 HSS1332ATD
167 Posts
Ummm... 3.5" + 1.5" = 5"
OK, tabora, I’ve got a good handle on this now thanks to ya, eyeballed what I need to block the drain side track to about 5-6”, got my Honda oil, and will be ready to rock. I realize I was being a little ’ol grandma about this whole thing, more than likely trying your patience, but I’m just trying not to make a mess of this first oil change. I’m on my own up here, trying to make this first season a productive learning experience so I can go into next year confident and relaxed about the whole thing. Hey, I’m just an old retired merchant seaman when you get down to it so what do you expect? Next week up here we’re supposedly gonna get the 1-3” forecast every day which means either nothing or a lot. I’m about a month out from laying up the machine I imagine. Thanks again for your advice and patience. ✌🏼

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Mondai nai!

·
Premium Member
2021 HSS1332ATD
167 Posts
Well, I always figured I‘d get some use out of those old decking scraps. I did have to settle out on six inches vice the five you so smartly pointed out would be ideal for blocking under the drain side. A few weeks to go for the drainzit install so now all I’ll lose sleep over is if the center of gravity will still be on my favor. Oh! The horror! Hey, and in my first season I only created two good size divots In the lawn I cleared for the Goldens. here’s my deluxe jury rig:

21 - 40 of 47 Posts