Snowblower Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 HSS1332ATD
167 Posts
Well, thanks Tabora....followed your directions to the “T”’ and installed the drainzit before first - end of season as well - oil change. I thought I’d have an issue tilting it up on to the wood blocks but easier than I anticipated. Not a drop of oil anywhere but in the container. I’ve got it up and in its summer storage location; I’ll drain off the fuel and set up the trickle charger. Appreciate your help.....

·
Premium Member
2021 HSS1332ATD
167 Posts
So...while a bunch of us were looking at the first of the aspen leaves starting to emerge, I was bragging to several of my neighbors that I installed the drainzit on my new 1332, did my first oil change as per the manual, Blah, blah, blah and of the four I spoke to that had snowblowers two of them looked at each other and then told me they hadn’t changed their oil in the past five years. Say whaaaa? :unsure:

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
LOl .... that is very common for people to never change the oil in a small machine ... heck, they probably don't change there cars oil either.

People want to just put gas and go ... most don't even use additives.... That's why I swap out so many carburetors, and always changing out black slime. Sad really ...

Thank goodness I have a gas station in town that takes all the old oil and gas ....

·
Registered
258 Posts
Well, thanks Tabora....followed your directions to the “T”’ and installed the drainzit before first - end of season as well - oil change. I thought I’d have an issue tilting it up on to the wood blocks but easier than I anticipated. Not a drop of oil anywhere but in the container. I’ve got it up and in its summer storage location; I’ll drain off the fuel and set up the trickle charger. Appreciate your help.....
View attachment 178484
Looks smart.
I installed one on the YT660. But I’m a bit concerned about the strength of the keeper in the longer term. If it fails on mine, the drainzit will dangle on the track. Of course I can add a tie-wrap or something, but maybe those keeper are really tough?

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
But I’m a bit concerned about the strength of the keeper in the longer term. If it fails on mine, the drainzit will dangle on the track. Of course I can add a tie-wrap or something, but maybe those keeper are really tough?
They are tough... If mine ever does fail, I'll just use a power cord Velcro wrap from a laptop power cord. I've got 100s of those...

Reactions: Lunta

·
Premium Member
7,723 Posts
Changing the oil in your small engines is probably the best thing you can do. Every time they ask owners of cars that went a million miles they asked them what their secret was. This was at the top of the list.
At UPS we have had thousands of trucks that went over a million miles. The mechanics told me they are religious on changing oil and filters and of course timely maintenance.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts