Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, newbie here. My neighbour has a friend who wants to sell his Honda HSS724A. Apparently, it's 3 years old. I can't find much information about this model. Is it the previous generation of the HSS724CT ? What are the main differences ? Price is 3 150 $ CAD or around 2350 USD.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Local dealer has it for 4124 incl prep but when you add taxes, it goes up to 4 740 $. Im not really interested in electric start. My main question is regarding the model number. What's the difference between "A" and "CT".

·
Premium GOT Member
10,007 Posts
Local dealer has it for 4124 incl prep but when you add taxes, it goes up to 4 740 $. Im not really interested in electric start. My main question is regarding the model number. What's the difference between "A" and "CT".
@tabora will know. I think A means America and CT means Canada and Tracked.

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
Your answer is in the first post of the Honda repository thread below.
There is a lot of good information on Honda machines in that thread.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is a lot of good information on Honda machines in that thread.

That does answer the question ! So it's only a question of american vs canadian model. And I guess there's only minor differences between the two.

Thanks !!

·
Registered
5,477 Posts
My main question is regarding the model number. What's the difference between "A" and "CT".
@tabora will know. I think A means America and CT means Canada and Tracked.
Everyone beat me to it... The Repository works! Let me know if you still have any questions, Frank.

My neighbour has a friend who wants to sell his Honda HSS724A. Apparently, it's 3 years old. I can't find much information about this model. Is it the previous generation of the HSS724CT ? What are the main differences ?
All Honda 2-stage non-hybrid snowblowers for the North America markets since 2015 are built in Swepsonville, NC, hence the first A which is often omitted. That's the A that appears on the belt cover. Therefore both the machines you're inquiring about are HSS724A machines. The A/C/E that follows the first (possibly omitted) A is the market as @orangputeh mentioned. Next come the options:
T = Track drive (or W for wheel drive)
D = 12V D.C. on-board battery Electric Start

·
Registered
in the garage
137 Posts
When you are the first to work it, that's what buying new is like. The first to take her home usually spend more anyway, I'm sure you know that 😉, if not , we'll too bad for you, take the advice on post number 2 hahaha.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts