Snowblower Forum banner
101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
1981 Canadian tire “mastercraft” made by MTD with tecumseh engine HM-80 1155334N
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Buy once, cry once. This will likely be the last blower I buy. 5k demands due diligence. many things to consider, and those considerations change as I learn.

thanks for the offer, but I do have a machine. The new new machine is a want. Perhaps if I’m at the range,I can pop by Selkirk and see your Honda in action.

·
Banned
Permabanned/in the Cooler
99 Posts
Buy once, cry once. This will likely be the last blower I buy. 5k demands due diligence. many things to consider, and those considerations change as I learn.

thanks for the offer, but I do have a machine. The new new machine is a want. Perhaps if I’m at the range,I can pop by Selkirk and see your Honda in action.

im 30 minutes away, im not far at all, sounds good.

i got your back this winter my Bro just let me know, i always have a machine for you if you ever need one, for free.

good luck with your search my man.

·
Registered
1981 Canadian tire “mastercraft” made by MTD with tecumseh engine HM-80 1155334N
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
There is a big thread on re jetting Honda blowers. Why is this? There isn’t a similar thread for Ariens. Does Honda do something different than Ariens? EPA applies to all manufacturers. Is it possible the Ariens guys are in fact re jetting, and simply following the Honda thread? (If my next sentence is correct)

is my understanding correct… Honda engine is the gold standard. All others are “clones”, and lct engines/carbs are considered clones? Honda/lct jets are interchangeable?

Dual auger belts, gimmick? Ariens has single belt like Honda, but Ariens deluxe and higher have dual belts. These are pricier trims and to me this means dual is better, so why would Honda not use dual if they are a premium blower? Higher impeller Speed?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
Guess you're missing this???
View attachment 199324
didn’t miss it. As I said unless I’m reading it wrong…. This information is good up till 2015? Or do I read it as all current brand new Hondas come with the “correct” jets for someone living at, or near sea level?

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Relax.
Rejetting is only for two reasons. Epa lean, and higher altitude.
With the lean reatrictions, sometimes machines like a bit of reaming on the jet, or a slight bump in size. Usually this has been resolved by Honda.
High altitudes require a reduction in jet size. Also easily solved.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Relax.
Rejetting is only for two reasons. Epa lean, and higher altitude.
With the lean reatrictions, sometimes machines like a bit of reaming on the jet, or a slight bump in size. Usually this has been resolved by Honda.
High altitudes require a reduction in jet size. Also easily solved.
yes, I get that. But why is this a Honda issue? Ariens also has to comply with epa. And if Honda is jetting them correctly now, why didn’t they in the past? Not trying to bash Honda, just curious how Ariens “got it right” and Honda had people re jetting?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Hoda is lean from the factory to keep the Epa happy. The engines work better with a slightly larger main jet. Perhaps the other engines run cleaner, or perhaps Honda is held to a higher standard because the volume of motors built, is higher. Either way it's a quick and low-cost fix if you want a little more torque.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Hoda is lean from the factory to keep the Epa happy. The engines work better with a slightly larger main jet. Perhaps the other engines run cleaner, or perhaps Honda is held to a higher standard because the volume of motors built, is higher. Either way it's a quick and low-cost fix if you want a little more torque.
thats a plausible explanation. Like I said not trying to bash. I get it, epa, blah blah blah, Honda runs lean for whatever reason, 8 dollar part, 15 minute job, and done.

I just don’t like doing things I like to understand the why, in addition to how that’s all.

101 - 110 of 110 Posts