Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's offseason but this is the best time of year for tips and tricks for your Honda snowblower. What kind of tips and tricks do you have for your fellow Honda owners?

So far I like to recommend auger/impeller service in off season if that hasn't been done in awhile. That is removing them , cleaning out shafts and gearbox arms and applying anti-seize grease. Also install impeller kit since impeller is removed.

Maybe double bolting handlebars if you only have one to give more support.

Upgrades? what do you recommend? LED light? Side skids? Raising handlebars? Light bar on bucket? upsizing carb jets on HSS models?

Anyone have solution for that pesky , always broken plastic clip/doohickie that makes the chute adjusting arm rattle in the hole?

Solutions for other aggravating issues? Maybe double springing the height adjustment pedal soit doesn't pop out. Or is there a better way short of replacing pedal?

Looking for tips and tricks for the Honda snowblower .

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Anyone have solution for that pesky, always broken plastic clip/doohickie that makes the chute adjusting arm rattle in the hole?
  1. Remove the plastic handle
  2. Unbolt the bracket and slide it off the arm
  3. Install a rubber grommet in the hole that fits snugly over the arm
  4. Reassemble
  5. Add a long zip tie or bungee cord around the arm and handlebar to add tension at the grommet; this will allow the chute to be "locked" in any location without wandering.

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
  1. Remove the plastic handle
  2. Unbolt the bracket and slide it off the arm
  3. Install a rubber grommet in the hole that fits snugly over the arm
  4. Reassemble
  5. Add a long zip tie or bungee cord around the arm and handlebar to add tension at the grommet; this will allow the chute to be "locked" in any location without wandering.
Thanks appreciate this. Have tried multiple fixes .

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
No, sorry I don't know the size. I found it in the bottom of my tool bucket. You want the rubber one, like Tabora was using, as opposed to the hard plastic. The Honda is metric and the plugs are not. The one I used is a bit oversize. I cut a slight, pie shaped wedge out ( a very minor chunk). Then with a shot of WD, worked the plug in. You won't need to remove any handle parts

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, sorry I don't know the size. I found it in the bottom of my tool bucket. You want the rubber one, like Tabora was using, as opposed to the hard plastic. The Honda is metric and the plugs are not. The one I used is a bit oversize. I cut a slight, pie shaped wedge out ( a very minor chunk). Then with a shot of WD, worked the plug in. You won't need to remove any handle parts
That's cool. I'll just remove part and bring down to Hardware store. I'll probably buy 50 off ebay once I find correct size. Rubber sounds better and quieter since these machines vibrate. That is the main complaint I get from owners.

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tip - I always stop the blower before switching direction from forward to reverse or vice versa. It's easier on the right transmission.
Thanks. I try to teach that tip to people but once they have that bad habit plus slamming into berms it's hard to break. I do tell them it's about a $500 repair for emphasis. Maybe then they will listen.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What can you do to keep mice from building a nest in the carb/air cleaner area on HSS13/32 ATD's? With no actual air filter in there they could cause quite a mess if they got in there.

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What can you do to keep mice from building a nest in the carb/air cleaner area on HSS13/32 ATD's? With no actual air filter in there they could cause quite a mess if they got in there.
I usually see nests inside under the belly. have used mothballs, dryer sheets, peppermint oil on cotton balls, coyote urine . they have all worked .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts