Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This hurts. Used to make a little money on parts from online sources like boats.net and others.
Now their prices are almost the same. More actually when you factor shipping.

Maybe I should have people go to dealer and bring me the parts I need to repair their blowers.

losing money and time going to dealer, travel time , waiting time etc.

takes all the fun out of this.

·
Registered
818 Posts
did online go up, or are dealers dropping prices due to slowdowns? I have only bought a few online parts recently, and have not compared prices to my dealer.

tx

·
Registered
848 Posts
You figure every online seller is a Dealer to begin with, they were just giving discounts to the "Online" buyer, and by doing that, they were screwing over their "Walk in" customers.
The "Walk in" customers realized that and stopped going to their local dealerships. A lot of the local dealerships realized that and started giving their "Walk in" customers a bigger discount because the customer took the time and money to actually come to the dealership to get their parts in person.
The main reasons for the "On line" dealers to cut costs is because everyone looks at the price right there on the computer in front of them. They might have a dozen different sellers of the same part, and it is easy to search for the best price quickly, so they will buy from the cheapest seller, but then you have shipping costs involved sometimes, and sometimes the added wait to get the part shipped to you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts