Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a decent SB1013B (two stage) snow thrower attachment for our little Ht3813. It is missing the two counterweight spring brackets and springs. I checked all over the internet and it seems the springs are still available but the spring brackets have long been discontinued. Also, the bearings will need replacing on the mule/pto assembly that converts the unit from belt drive to pto shaft.

I have several questions:
1) does anyone have those brackets they would like to sell(#21 on the diagram attached to this post)?
2) Does anyone have any specs on the various bearings for this unit? As far as either dimensions or cross reference to Timken, SK, etc., part numbers? The Honda prices on these things are outrageous.
3)I tried calling Rad Technologies to check for the spring brackets but they are closed and something tells me they are going to say they are no longer available.
4) Does anyone have a this blower model that could at least give me the dimensions of the bracket so I can fabricate a pair?
and finally,
5) Does anyone have an extra owners manual they want to sell or have a copy on a PDF they can forward?

Any help is most appreciated. Thanks for having such a great site! justin

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
When you pull the bearings they almost always have #s on them, sometimes on the outer race rim or sometimes on the rubber seal if they have a rubber seal. Don't get too caught up in brand, it's all about bearing #. Honda uses common mass produced bearings, EVERY bearing manufacture will make them. Then go to a local bearing house of Amazon and order them. Local bearing houses vary in price big time so shopping to find a far price can take time. Amazon or Google maybe your friend here.

Have a welding shop make some brackets for you if you don't have a welder.

·
Registered
841 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just picked up a decent SB1013B (two stage) snow thrower attachment for our little Ht3813. It is missing the two counterweight spring brackets and springs. I checked all over the internet and it seems the springs are still available but the spring brackets have long been discontinued. Also, the bearings will need replacing on the mule/pto assembly that converts the unit from belt drive to pto shaft.

I have several questions:
1) does anyone have those brackets they would like to sell(#21 on the diagram attached to this post)?
2) Does anyone have any specs on the various bearings for this unit? As far as either dimensions or cross reference to Timken, SK, etc., part numbers? The Honda prices on these things are outrageous.
3)I tried calling Rad Technologies to check for the spring brackets but they are closed and something tells me they are going to say they are no longer available.
4) Does anyone have a this blower model that could at least give me the dimensions of the bracket so I can fabricate a pair?
and finally,
5) Does anyone have an extra owners manual they want to sell or have a copy on a PDF they can forward?

Any help is most appreciated. Thanks for having such a great site! justin
I'm in the same boat one year later. I could use your help! Do you have any photos of the attachments mounted that you could share and/or the owners manual. Please help! Yes I have SB1013B and the HT3813

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Seeings how Honda only shows the manual for the A on their web site, is the B that much different from the A?

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
O.K., I wasn't aware that they offered a two stage for that lawn tractor. I've only seen the single stage versions, and it was always my understanding that those were borrowed from Simplicity. I just looked at the parts break down for the "B" model, and it has some things that look vaguely like what would is used on the H4514. Maybe looking at the manuals for the snowblowers for the H4514 would help.

http://cdn.powerequipment.honda.com/pe/pdf/manuals/3755808.pdf

http://cdn.powerequipment.honda.com/pe/pdf/manuals/31QH4000.pdf

1 - 10 of 10 Posts