·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I WOULD AVOID THAT THING LIKE THE PLAGUE but that is just me.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/656335/Honda-Hs55.html?page=34

My objections include that it is under powered with a 5HP engine, appears to lack an electric starting motor if the guy advertises it starts on the second pull and finally, the OP will have to dick around replacing a tire.

Most gasoline engines will start on the first or second pull if fuel is in the carburetor, spark available and of course the engine is operational. You will become a believer on the benefits of electric start trying to get that thing running after it sits for 6 or 7 months. Just my thoughts but why make life hard for yourself?

This is a good running solid unit for somebody that does not need a Heavy Duty application. A better option for the money than buying from a chain store.
I have not had any problems starting the unit after sitting since I use synthetic oil and non-ethanol fuel. I even let the unit run out of fuel after turning off the fuel to the carb after use.
Yes the tire will be a hassle that is why I have it priced low.

·
Registered
208 Posts
That machine for $300...?? If you lived in PA, I would have stopped in the middle of dinner to come and buy it even if you were four hours away. I'll PayPal you $350 after I get it if you'll ship to PA :)

That is a solid, cherry machine that will handle most snow situations in North America. Unfortunately, not in huge demand in NM.

·
Premium Member
4,895 Posts
That is a nice machine for a 33-34 year old machine and the price is more than fair. If it needs a new tire that is about 80 bucks plus mounting. Still would be a very fair price in my area.

Do you get snow down there or did you move from snow country? I'd buy it if it were not too far away .

good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts