Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an older Honda track model HS828. I am understanding that when the lift pedal is in the highest setting that it should lift the auger housing off of the ground to make it easy to move. The 3 adjustments work; but it will not raise the housing off of the ground. I have tried adjusting the track tension (from really tight to really loose), and also raised the scraper bar all the way up. The previous owner put new tracks on a year ago.

Any ideas what I can try next?

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have the HS1132T with the height pedal......for me, it's a total waste of good metal. I have to run mine in the highest position always, then just adjust the scraper bar to skim the blacktop. The auger shoes only come into play when the scraper bar is pulled down by the incoming snow into the auger housing. When I tried to use any other position the scraper bar and shoes plus the main auger were more like a rototiller then a snow blower.
We have had many discussions about this issue on this forum

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do your auger shoes always touch the ground? My problem is that it won't raise off the ground at all. It doesn't matter where the shoes are or the scraper.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Do your auger shoes always touch the ground? My problem is that it won't raise off the ground at all. It doesn't matter where the shoes are or the scraper.

Thanks for your help!
If your asking me

My shoes never touch the ground. Plus my scraper bar almost never touch the ground. My tracks are flat on the ground. And it's in the highest position.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
See my problem is the auger is never off the ground. No matter where the shoes are set they still lay flat on the ground with the lift pedal on the highest position.

·
Registered
374 Posts
See my problem is the auger is never off the ground. No matter where the shoes are set they still lay flat on the ground with the lift pedal on the highest position.
Sounds like you have to raise the scraper blade and the shoes. Are your main auger teeth bent ???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your help Roy!

I have even tried totally removing the shoes and scraper just to see if it helped. No different still puts weight on the auger. It's basically like its highest position is medium. Is there an adjustment on the height of the pedal adjustment ?

·
Registered
374 Posts
There is not adjustment to the height pedal.....I also have removed the scraper blade and the shoes......with the scraper bar and the shoes totally removed, if I try anything other then the highest position, the main auger housing assembly digs into the blacktop.
Seems like a Honda error to me. But can't get anyone else to agree. Everyone thinks I'm missing something.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have asked a dealer about this. While he stands under the 75.00 per hour rate for service sign. He tells me to bring in the machine, let him look at it. I know it's wrong.....I don't have to pay him minimum of 75.00 to also tell me the same thing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds like I must have something bent or fatigued from years of use. I will tear into it and let you know if I find a fix. Thanks

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have a new HS928TAS and the highest position has the auger, scraper and skid shoes off the ground about an inch or two. The mid position has the skid shoes firmly on the ground with the scraper about 5/16" off the ground, and more weight on the back part of the tracks than the front. The low position has the front of the tracks slightly elevated so all the weight is on the rear of the tracks and the skid shoes, so there is a lot of front downforce -- for scraping packed tire tracks etc. Just like in the manual.

My unit is brand new and I haven't had a chance to use it in snow yet. (My $$ investment is keeping the snow away). But that middle position will be the most frequently used for general clearing on smooth pavement, and the high position will be used for transport and clearing an area of lawn for the dog.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
From what I read on this forum, some use the high setting to walk the blower over a high snow bank and work their way down. Of course only with the track machines. Good Luck

·
Registered
397 Posts
Sounds like I must have something bent or fatigued from years of use. I will tear into it and let you know if I find a fix. Thanks
Seems like both you and Roy have different adjustment issues but they might have the same ultimate solution, as to how to correct. Please let us know what you find out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts