Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How available is non-ethanol gasoline in your State, Country, Province, jurisdiction?

I'm in Central NJ along the Delaware River, just north of Philadelphia, ships bringing gasoline to the terminals here. If we have it, I don't know where it is. I believe gasoline with 85/15 ethanol is required in every State but some stations do sell non-ethanol.

I do know you can get it at airports, 100 Octane! Then what are you paying for it. There's a captive audience at airports.

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
Here in CT, I see our gas is basically E10 ...

I have never come across a station serving pure straight gas ... so be it.

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Non ethanol fuel is quite easy to find in most areas of Ontario.

The top grade of fuel at several national gas station chains (Shell and Canadian Tire) is ethanol free.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Nothing but E10 and some E15 in this area of Northern Virginia. Go at least 60 miles west and southwest, then some E0 shows up, or one might be able to find it at some of the marinas on the Chesapeake Bay or the larger lakes.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I got really lucky. The only Sunoco gas station in the entire state of New Jersey, that sells Cam 2 101 octane non ethanol gas is right in my town. Its $9.50 a gallon. Still $10.50 cheaper than tru fuel at home depot. Aside from that, 3 are 3 locations in the state that sell it and their out in the middle of no where. Beyond that its actually against the law in this state to sell non ethanol and this a huge refinery state. Its ridiculous. Even though that Sunoco is in my town, I never bought any, still too pricey for my blood. I stick to 87 with stabil and run my machines dry at the end of the sesson.

Reactions: Grunt

·
Registered
1971-72 910962 s/n-03101 att.-910995 s/n-048006 TEC# H70-130067A s/n-1218R. #2- 10M6
219 Posts
There around, PA, but is it worth me driving in traffic 20 miles to get a gallon - No. not to me I’ll stick with my tru- fuel gallon. If by chance we have mild winters here in southwest PA which is has been the norm -I’ll empty the tanks of tru- fuel each year - if I didn’t use the blower. Put it in the tractor for spring. Put fresh in blower. I empty all my equipment out every year put in tru- fuel run for a minute shut it down until it’s time to put back in service then it get “hi-test” (as my dad would say) 91 octane all season. My 2 stroke machines all have Tru- fuel year round so no mixing or forgetting to stabilize here. I’ll burn through 2-3 gallons of premix so no big deal to me. Any fuel left over end of year goes into the Taco (minus the premix).

·
Registered
185 Posts
I think in NJ you can only get it at a couple of airports and the sunoco station mentioned above (although I thought they stopped carrying it the last time l looked). I usually just stick with good quality top tier gas (for me, Shell V-Power), and perhaps an additive mixed in and have never had a problem.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Pretty easy here in the Province of Quebec, highest octane rating, 91 or 94 at Shell, Canadian Tire and also Costco.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Many fuel stations in Minnesota have ethanol free non oxygenated pumps. Growing up I thought all stations had ethanol free premium.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Nothing accessible to me. I have seen it for sale in upstate NY when on road trips. I know my son can access it in Illinois. I think it's labeled 91 AKI/E0.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
If I used non-ethanol gas, I would have to walk about 50 feet from my office to Frederick Brothers Oil next door for VP Racing 108 octane.

• Haha
Reactions: Eyeboltman

·
Registered
163 Posts
In North Idaho and Eastern Washington State, many stations have non-ethanol as their premium (91 or 92 octane) grade. In fact, some actually post its price as a separate standalone number (usually in blue) on the big road signs. Blue makes me think of propane, but I'm getting used to it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
How available is non-ethanol gasoline in your State, Country, Province, jurisdiction?

I'm in Central NJ along the Delaware River, just north of Philadelphia, ships bringing gasoline to the terminals here. If we have it, I don't know where it is. I believe gasoline with 85/15 ethanol is required in every State but some stations do sell non-ethanol.

I do know you can get it at airports, 100 Octane! Then what are you paying for it. There's a captive audience at airports.
I am in North NJ. It is not available up here either. I heard, but can not confirm that aviation fuel is not available for on aviation use.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts