Snowblower Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
In Norway all 98 octane RON (93 MON) fuel is E0. So for storage 98 is absolutely the way to go. The daily driver is a 911 that also needs 98 octane so I just fill the same stuff no matter if it's the Honda blower or the car.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
RON Octane rating, Research Octane Number, is the European octane rating and mostly used Worldwide. 98 RON is equivalent to the U.S. equivalent AKI of 93.5. MON is Motor Octane Rating, another testing method but is a stress test, run at 900 RPMs, (RON is run at 600 RPMs), with warm fuel using variable ignition timing.

The U.S. AKI is the average of the RON rating and the MON rating so it would be halfway between the two.

Reactions: Darby

·
Registered
138 Posts
Quite available here in Wisconsin. Nearly every station has ethanol free premium and I have a Mills Fleet Farm that sell two grades of ethanol free gas, 89 and 91 octane. I only use the 89 octane in everything I own.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here in rural northern Michigan, alcohol free gas is pretty easy to find. Closest one to me is less than 3 miles. Another station sells their only high octane gas as alcohol free, however, it is from a multi grade pump, so if the last user pumped regular with alcohol, you will initially get that, as that is what is in the plumbing/hose after the switching valve.

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
In TX, about 10 miles away on every island at a huge Buccees' station (may e 80 pumps total?) and in MI where I hit snow, at just about every station, closest about 1000 feet from the house by road (closer line of sight). All 91 octane E0 . . . No E0 87.

·
Registered
870 Posts
How available is non-ethanol gasoline in your State, Country, Province, jurisdiction?

I'm in Central NJ along the Delaware River, just north of Philadelphia, ships bringing gasoline to the terminals here. If we have it, I don't know where it is. I believe gasoline with 85/15 ethanol is required in every State but some stations do sell non-ethanol.

I do know you can get it at airports, 100 Octane! Then what are you paying for it. There's a captive audience at airports.
none that i've found in NJ unless you buy aviation gas

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I bought 91 Octane E0 last weekend in central NY. Car was so responsive I couldn't believe it.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I know people that go to Princeton Airport for their gas.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Widely available here, all premium (91 octane) is ethanol free
Wonder why you say all (although I'm in Ontario and can't see other co ie Esso making a different blend) as the only ethanol-free here is Shell and Can Tire .

Unless the prem pump has a label specifically saying no ethanol, it has it. No labels anywhere? Then they all have it.

·
Registered
617 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
and that 5% is not 0%. As I said, only 2 mfg sell 0% and hopefully that does not change because my car calls for 0% as well.

Car mfg even says in the manual(to paraphrase): if 0% is not available, only put as much gas-with-ethanol in as it takes to get to a station that does sell 0%.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts