Snowblower Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
AvGas found at airports may contain lead in the gasoline. Some mixtures may be blue. Most vehicles are made to run unleaded gasoline only. However, if you purchase any gasoline with an octane rating above standard levels for cars (usually 94) you can mix this with a lower rated gasoline to bring down the total octane rating. One gallon of 100 plus one gallon of 87, mixed, would make two gallons of 93.5.
If you live in NJ and are looking for ethanol free fuel there are quite a few stations in PA.
pure-gas.org as well as their pure gas app has a very comprehensive list of stations with ethanol free gas in PA and across the USA.

How available is non-ethanol gasoline in your State, Country, Province, jurisdiction?

I'm in Central NJ along the Delaware River, just north of Philadelphia, ships bringing gasoline to the terminals here. If we have it, I don't know where it is. I believe gasoline with 85/15 ethanol is required in every State but some stations do sell non-ethanol.

I do know you can get it at airports, 100 Octane! Then what are you paying for it. There's a captive audience at airports.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Here in southern NY state on Long Island only 2 stations sell it, ones about 20 min from me so I might start using it for the small engines.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
It's available at nearly every station here in NW AR. Pick your poison.
I wish we had that 87 E-free option here in Maine...

·
Registered
638 Posts
I wish we had that 87 E-free option here in Maine...
Once you get above the "Volvo Line" (midcoast Maine) you can find 90 E0 at a number of regular gas stations. Apparently, availability is based on countly regulations. I have three go-to spots, depending on my work travel.
1. If I have to go south (MA, RI), on the way back, I purchase 91 MOGAS at the Hampton Airfield. Very friendly folks.
2. If I have the time to make a special trip, I go to Twitchell's Airport in Turner for 91 MOGAS. Again, very friendly people.
3. If I'm working downeast, I go to the Tradewinds Citco in Ellsworth. 90 octane E0 at the pump.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't believe I've ever seen ethanol added to gas in Alaska, for which I'm thankful.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yesterday, I was looking at Youtube, and found a few videos that showed how to remove ethanol from gasoline. It can be a bit messy, but seems to work. I'm going to try it. All you have to do is calculate the amount of gas to ethanol. I see on the pumps it is 10%, so 5 gal of gas would require adding .5 gal of pure water, and shake vigorously, and allow to sit undisturbed over night. The ethanol will separate from the gas, and will easily be syphoned from the gas. You will need a see through container to see the line between gas, water, ethanol. Your yield will be 4.5 gallons of pure gas. Good Luck.

·
Registered
MTD Dual Stage 31AE6B3H501 and Craftsman Dual Stage C950-52677-7
56 Posts
About a 15 minute drive from my house. Only 2 stations I know for sure in my small city so I go there most of the time unless I am in a pinch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I see you live in Canada, you can get non-ethanol gas at Canadian Tire, throughout the country. Here in New Hampshire, we can only get non-ethanol gas by the gallon at Home Depot, Lowes, or at a lawn shop, or dealer. The price runs upward from $15.00-$20.00/gal. I'm thinking of making my own ethanol free fuel. Also, I may just go to the Concord Airport, and buy some 100 oct, Low Lead Av. Gas. I don't think Simplicity has a Cat, in the exhaust, nor Ox sensors.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts