Snowblower Forum banner

181 - 200 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
uh that sucks. they almost need to close the boarders in and out of Quebec until the case numbers start going down. now it makes me wonder if Quebec is part of the reason numbers have been staying so high here,

·
Registered
373 Posts
It actually branded Atlantic Superstore here on the east coast. Loblaws are one of the 2 main grocery players in Canada

·
Registered
751 Posts
The big box near me is almost back to being stocked. There is still no peanut butter, strawberry jam or steaks to be had, but there is t.p., paper towels, chicken and pork. Ice cream is there, but it is not pick and choose.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
as of last friday the local health organization put some BS in place so all local stores open to the public have to have people wearing masks even tho it seems extremely pointless at this point especially since they don't care what they are made of as long as they cover your mouth/nose/chin. there is about 1500 less active cases right now in the province than there was 2 weeks ago. heck even over the last week. if we keep seeing about 100 less active cases daily for the next week things should in a lot better shape.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
as of last friday the local health organization put some BS in place so all local stores open to the public have to have people wearing masks even tho it seems extremely pointless at this point especially since they don't care what they are made of as long as they cover your mouth/nose/chin.
Sounds like the LHO is run by some smart folks... Maine has had very few cases/deaths compared to other locales, mostly due to being VERY cautious and people being (mostly) good about wearing masks. The pants analogy applies:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Sounds like the LHO is run by some smart folks... Maine has had very few cases/deaths compared to other locales, mostly due to being VERY cautious and people being (mostly) good about wearing masks. The pants analogy applies:
not really. maybe if they made it mandatory a few months ago they might have been considered smart but with about 100 more recoveries daily than new cases the numbers seem like they are headed in a good direction. the only places where the virus is still pretty strong and the new cases are coming from are the cities about 30-60 minutes south of me and they don't have to wear masks. only us north of the city where there are not many cases.

·
Premium Member
4,932 Posts
well they banned charcoal bbq's in my town again due to wildfire risk. I understand because there is always that ONE idiot out of 15,000 that doesnt know how to tend.

that is how society has become on most things.. everyone being punished because of the idiots. pretty soon we will need a permit/license for everything.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Apparently kids bicycles are in short supply due to covid. We managed to find one at Canadian Tire today.
i don't know if it is the same in your neck of the woods or not but every spring i always see a ton put out to the curb. i always hate seeing them put to the curb since there is so many scrappers around. i know probably at least 1/2 them just go to scrap even tho most are nearly new other than just needing to be oiled.

·
Premium Member
4,932 Posts
wasnt happy with costco today. too damn crowded. i asked when they are gonna be open 24 hours and they laughed.I said dont pay 120 a year to be treated like a sardine on a wednesday morning.

doesnt anyone work anymore?

getting grumpy .

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
I had to do some stuff last night, and was kind of surprised at the number of cars that were out. I mean, it wasn't normal traffic, but it was more than it's been recently.

Did curbside pickup at Home Depot, having ordered online the day before, that worked out pretty well. Was my quickest HD trip ever :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
I live in a summer resort area here in Ohio. Lots of big attractions, summer fun. The tourists are coming here and making the grocery problem worse for all of us. The store sorta catches up on stocking the shelves on Tuesday, and then it starts all over again Friday. It's 50/50 or less mask wearing. Parents are bringing their kids in while they shop, 4 unprotected mouths running around while the parents try to keep them in close herd....They go down one-way aisles in any direction they please. The Wal- Mart is as packed as it ever was. Everyone standing around the ice cream shop? No masks at all. Ohio went back into the red zone this past week. No wonder why.

·
Retired Moderator
9,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
My local Sams club has been out of Coca Cola for weeks now. Can't figure out what's up with that. By now I would think all the preppers have a good supply in their basement, bunker, ... I'd have to go 20 miles to the next Sams to find it in stock. Just seems odd to have them out of it for so long. Pretty sure the local grocery store has some. Wonder if it has something to do with the way it's packaged, 35-12oz compared to the 12-12oz since the latter is the more generic way it's distributed ??
Nice to see toilet paper back in stock on pallets and people walking past it like it's normal again instead of looking like ants trying to grab it before someone else gets it. Meat counter still looking a little anemic.

My two cents, it's never too late to wear a mask. I'm old so maybe that makes a difference but anything that might keep you healthy just seems worth the discomfort.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Did a Costco run yesterday, the store seemed crowded, almost back to pre covid levels but not quite. They seemed to have good inventory levels.

·
Retired Moderator
9,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
The other thing I can't figure out is the local grocery store being out of soup for the last couple months. Seems like they would have caught up by now. Can't remember the last time the Campbell soup dispenser shelf was fully or even mostly stocked. Seems all I've been seeing is maybe 20-30 cans of very limited variety where there uses to be hundreds.

Used to look like this:
https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.fYnEpIGf9bN0mbshi_dJqgHaGJ&pid=Api&f=1

Now it's more like it's leftovers from the zombie apocalypse. :)

181 - 200 of 203 Posts