Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I have an 80s era HS 35 Honda 4 stroke snow thrower that works very wheel The small plastic wheels on the back were falling apart. The right rear one was easy to change, simply unbolt it and replace it

But the left rear is blocked by the cowling-- there isn't enough room after undoing the bolt to squeeze it out. I removed the outer cowling only to realize that the entire belt assembly is in the way and blocking egress of the wheel.

Do I have to take the entire assembly apart to pull the wheel?

That may be above my ability and am not sure its worth paying someone to do, considering age of the machine even though it does work very well.

The wheels don't seem to be the type in which you can simply pry on or put on the tire -- it's all one assembly

Any suggestions would be appreciated

·
Retired Moderator
9,913 Posts
:welcome: to SBF Rick

I don't have an answer but I can sure give your question a bump :bump9:

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
can you possibly post some pics? is it possible to unbolt the nut or bolt that holds the wheel on and slide the axle over so that that the wheel can drop?

·
Registered
18 Posts
The HS35 has replaceable rubber tires. P/N 42751-952-000. The wheels themselves come up as NLA, but the tires are available, it seems. It looks like you can unbolt the wheel from the shaft, and then unbolt the shaft from the housing to get the clearance. I haven't tried it, but that's where I'd start.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just replaced both tires on my HS35.
Just want to document what I did.
Hopefully this helps someone in the future.

Putting the new rubber tire on the wheel, takes a bit of work, but you just have to work it around using a wide blade screw driver.
Getting the one wheel that has no part of the unit over the top of it was easy.

The hard one is getting the tire off the side with the cover, that keeps you from removing the wheel.
What you have to do, is remove the two bolts that come up from the bottom of the unit, that hold the axle in place.
Look at a parts diagram and you can see the axle is short with the two bolts that hold it.
Remove the bolts and slide the axle in til you can remove the wheel.
I was careful to not let the axle get inside the unit.
If gets inside, you would probably have to remove the covers to get the axle back out.
The only tricky part is getting the bolts back into the axle after you put the wheel back on.
While the wheel was off, I installed the bolt that holds the wheel on.
Then I marked it so I knew when the axle was in alignment (holes straight up and down).
This way when it was all put back together, I knew that the bolts would thread into the holes in the axle.
Hope this helps...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts